Sloped Roof Requires Wall To Attach (no foundations or frames)

Game mode: Single-player
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: USA

Thatch and Wooden Sloped Corner Roof pcs do not attach to anything but walls.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

You can not attach afore mentioned sloped wood peices to foundations or frames, they must be attached to walls. For instance, I was unable to attach a wooden sloped corner to a stonebrick foundation or door frame. I was able to attach it to both a sandstone and stonebrick wall. When the wall is removed, the roof collapes, even though it is is connected to the rest of the roof.

This suggests TWO bugs, The first is the attachment of corner pcs. I check the rest of the build and the corners ARE walls, not frames. I learned this convention from another player btw. The second bug may indicate that any support from the adjacent roof members is not working. For instance, if the other roof members were attached to foundations or walls, some of that stability should transmit to the corner peice. You should be able to put sandstone walls, install the corner peice, remove the walls for frames and still have the roof stay up. It does not.

I should add that Pequan mentioned this bug on April 28 and it has not made it on the official bug list yet. Please remedy 1) listing the bug 2) is there more than one bug 3) and status of investigation.

This may seem low priority but may indicate the building system is not working as intended.

Lastly, please find attached links to screen shots. I would be happy to answer any questions or comments you may have. Please PM on forums or via STEAM. Thank you in advance for addressing these issues. ATB --RS

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.