So I took a wrong turn in agartha and traveled back in time

I think I finally understand how the buzzing must feel concerning the progression of time. May give it a spin soon-ish just to see all the things people told me about, the good and the bad, but it feels a little wrong to tear that prestine plastic wrap…it looks like factory new

6 Likes

It’d be interesting to see your opinion of the game, just because we normally get impressions going the other way :smiley:

2 Likes

He’s not going to see much of that without spending real money.

Ceruleana’s joyful post above really made me smile. I remember how exciting it was logging in and seeing new content. Hopefully Leogrim will enjoy it as much as we used to. Issue 5 onwards will cost more money but it is absolutely worth it IMO. I’d gladly pay for more TSW content.

I can log in and join you for missions or dungeons if you want. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think she’s referring to having to buy issues 9-11 to get Tokyo.

2 Likes

That’s probably the side stories but they were rereleased as issue 15, IIRC.

2 Likes

@Ceruleana, Tokyo is opened up by Issue 9 if I recall correctly, and the rest of Tokyo and the Manufactory dungeons in later issues.

Wish the complete edition was still available on Steam; one friend only has the base game and the other up to the start of Tokyo, and they’re not keen on stumping up the cash to go further when they can get most of it for free in SWL :frowning:

Edit - I was too slow @NomenLuni was sharper off the traces and I didn’t refresh before I posted.

2 Likes

Me too…

2 Likes

Unless you pay for issue 9-11 (+12 if you want the dungeons), you can get to Kaidan but you won’t have access to any missions there. You can’t even replay Back to the Beginning without owning and completing at least issue 9.

1 Like

Even as someone who has played TSW since 2012, I find it hard to (re-) adapt to some things. I think for someone who has only known the streamlined nature of SWL, it will be a rude awakening.

Nevertheless, I’m looking forward to hearing about his thoughts. If he ever makes it out of KM. :wink:

3 Likes

It’s been so long that I can’t remember, didn’t they have to add bank and AH access to NY and Seoul? Because London was originally the place to be (which sucked if you weren’t Templar).

1 Like

Yes, that’s right. After a few years, bank access was added to all three faction hubs.

2 Likes

The Illuminati Bank was located on a short wall opposite the training room door in HQ.

2 Likes

Yes. London has most of the shops and facilities. There were a few nice places in the other hubs though. The restaurant in Seoul for instance. It didn’t offer much but I used to enjoy going there to relax.

2 Likes

They went so far as to remove the clothing vendor that used to be outside of the Hotel in Seoul.

2 Likes

Oh, no. At least not yet. Christmas is keeping me busy. I probably manage to run tomorrows DA but after that I am on holiday. So I pushed any TSW plans to past Christmas when I have time again.
And I am still reading just not feeling that I could add anything of meaning.^^

3 Likes

Did they remove them, or just disable them as a vendor? I know there’s a number of former vendors in London who are still there but aren’t usable/marked as vendors any more.

Sorry, I meant in the early days of TSW, not between TSW and SWL. There used to be a clothing vendor in Seoul but they moved all of that inventory to a London vendor because Gaia forbid anyone should have a reason to ever enter Seoul.

1 Like

Ah, that was even before my time in TSW, then. I started playing shortly after the game’s 1st Anniversary.

Hi Guys,

Just taken the plunge and bought myself a sealed copy from Amazon. Wonder if it will work though? Hope so as I really want to try the original.

3 Likes