So non-patrons can't withdraw from our cabal bank?

2280 TAF. OK so ill assume your a grand master. Or you enjoy paying for patron on a game you do not play. Either way thank-you, at least you are somewhat supportive of the game despite your statements. Your next paragraph says something about cancelling so I guess you bought patron a few times then cancelled? Sorry its very hard to follow this train wreck (sincerely my apologies if ESL).

TAF are pretty useless so do what you will with them. Purple weapons are well pretty much the start of the game so congrats on starting. But my conclusion is that you have no idea what your talking about, probably don’t have or use any of the weapons that are considered BiS and have a wild misconception that purple weapons are somehow comparable in SWL to TSW’s endgame.

Based on your 11 edits you don’t even know what your talking about either.

1 Like

Why would you think my edits mean that? As opposed to what I finally decided was best to say?

But yes of course, I think the 2280 TAF is useless. How could you possibly assume anything else, despite all my edits to try to make stuff like that clear?

TSW challenges|517x638

The problem with this is that you’ve basically undermined the strength of your argument by stating something which is contrary to the experience of most players from TSW.
The idea that your personal opinion trumps the experiences and opinions of the rest of us doesn’t lend weight to your argument. The “red herring issue” as you call it was something that you introduced, and is entirely unrelated to the OP.
The game has changed from TSW, and you aren’t a fan of some of the changes. We get that, there were a lot of people who didn’t like the change from tab targeting. What seems strange is that although you recognise that things have changed, you still made choices based on TSW.

In terms of gear choices no longer being “valid”, that’s a bit misleading. You may no longer have best in slot items, (if you actually did have them, depending on which advice you were following originally,) but that’s pretty normal in a game with updates. New items get introduced, balances change and different tactics emerge. For example, the Ashes of Fate’s Chosen head talisman was only introduced with the Dark Agartha Weapon Cache, and that meant many people levelled a new head talisman as it’s the new best in slot. That doesn’t mean that people who were using Ashes of Crushed Cities or Elder things suddenly found their gear stopped performing, and was no longer valid. It just meant that there were potentially better options.

You can use any weapon combination in the game successfully. There will be some which perform better than others, but that is again pretty normal for MMOs. All that it takes to change the meta is for them to release a new cache with new weapons with special effects and everything can shift. The idea that any of the weapons are somehow not “valid” is one really only shared by people who are looking to minmax and top the damage meters. As an example, Jimmy did a load of videos completing Dark Agartha on e17 with each of the weapons. It all comes down to personal preference ultimately. You can choose to focus only on the meta builds, but that’s still a choice made by the individual player.

Trying to pass off personal opinion as fact is not a good way to support an argument. Throwing in comments about the devs wanting the game to die just adds hyperbole that further undermines your argument. Saying things like you “immediately detested” the interface suggests that there are bigger problems for you than non-patrons being able to withdraw items from the cabal bank - a problem you only seem to have noticed after almost 3 years.

I can’t tell if that’s meant to be sarcasm or not. In any case, third age fragments are good for two things: cosmetics and fusion fodder. They are not, and were never meant to be, a shortcut to end-game gear.

Then stop putting stuff in it that nobody wants.

Really, what is your point here? That cabal bank access is the Achilles heel that keeps F2P players from enjoying SWL?

The discussion clearly went off on a tangent about gearing up based on your (IMO flawed) understanding of both games’ gear systems.

I think the OP’s point was that they were disappointed in their return to SWL.
One could take that as either “this game sucks and therefore you all suck”, or take it as “Man, that was a bummer and all my friends will leave again, is there any reason to stay?”

It’s clear the OP didn’t have the most accurate knowledge of game gear or maybe even mechanics, but I think they made a good-hearted attempt to emphasize that their opinions were colored by their experiences.

At this point, what I can say to the OP is that I think sadly, there’s not much for you to return to. I myself login to get my dailies done, I get slightly entertained by calculating how many years it will take me to level my gear, then move on to other entertainment. Signs point that there will be few, if any updates to SWL, so it is what it is.

You nailed it, Sturmhaven, thanks! My intent was more along the lines of “Man, that was a bummer and all my friends will leave again, is there any reason to stay?"

With respect to the weapons issue, my frame of reference is doing the main story line, which I thought was obvious from my comments about aegis.

No one has given a good reason why aegis is easier, whereas it’s my experience that Tokyo is easier in SWL without Aegis (and absolutely colored by my experience entering Tokyo when it was first released in TSW with an AR, with a cabal that collapsed at the same time).

I do understand that leveling weapons to max level SWL is harder than TSW because max level was moved.

In my book, that does not mean that TSW was easier. SWL just moved the goal posts for end game gear, which makes sense that they should. But I don’t plan to do end game content, for reasons that should be apparent from this thread.

For the content that I’m doing, solo or with a friend or two, getting the gear necessary to do that is trivial in SWL compared to TSW at release when there was a different currency for each region.