A soothing buff was added to the game that is supposed to add health regen as long as you are within a normal temperature (not hot or cold). The problem is that if you take damage, it goes away and never comes back on its own.
After some testing, I found out I could reactivate the soothing buff by forcing myself out of the normal temperature range for a moment.
- Be in a hot area with heat resistant armor on and soothing buff active.
- Take damage loosing the buff.
- Defeat the enemy and let any Damage over Time wear off (bleed, poison, etc.).
- Equip a cold resistant chest armor and a torch and sprint around until you are “hot”.
- Unequip the torch, swap back to the heat resistant chest armor, and take a sip of water.
- Wait for your temperature to fall back out of hot and the soothing buff will reactivate.
I tried this multiple times and the soothing buff reactivated successfully every time.