Soothing goes away on damage and does not come back

Game mode: Single-player
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: NA

Whenever I log in I have the soothing buff. I’ve been hanging around the desert/jungle border and have not tried this by logging in/out in more hostile climates. I’m wearing 1x heat resist armor and my temp gauge is about a third of the way down from the top. So this makes sense.

If I take any damage the soothing buff goes away. Makes sense too. Its not soothing to get stabbed.

But long after combat ends, the buff never returns while I’m playing. I’m sure the temp gauge has not moved more than a pixel or two, and I’m in the same spot with the same gear, but soothing doesn’t come back until I log out and back in.

Obviously this isn’t game-breaking. Just funny that one of the advertised features from the new patch seems broken. I searched “soothing” and found one post where it seemed like when they were going into an environment that should logically remove soothing, it went away, but then when returning to a temperate environment did not bring it back. Didn’t see anything about damage tho. Anybody else getting this?

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Log in somewhere with a mild temperature
  2. Observe soothing buff is present
  3. Take damage
  4. Observe soothing buff is gone
  5. Wait (have played for hours, or just minutes in this state)
  6. Soothing buff does not come back
  7. Relog
  8. Soothing buff is back
2 Likes

Sounds to me like they tied the buff to the beginplay event rather than a timer.

Hey @monkeybarrel

We’re aware of some issues with the soothing buff and we’re looking into it.
Thanks for your feedback.

1 Like

@Ignasi Noticed something re this issue that might help the debug effort:

If I take damage, and then later I get overheated, when I cool back down, I get the “soothing” buff back.

So it seems like either a temperature shift from comfortable to uncomfortable OR damage can turn the “soothing” buff off. But only moving the temp across the boundary from uncomfortable to comfortable can turn the buff back on.

1 Like

When the patch hit I was soothed almost permanently for that one game session, the day after I never saw the buff ever again. Don’t know any detail as it was all new then never happened again. No learning times for me, not enough. I was in desert area with those guys who think they’re wildlife.
Not game breaking though, no. We did well without it before. Still nice add when works yeah? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @monkeybarrel and @Alhambra
We’ll send the additional info to our team so they can have an easier time tracking down the root of this bug :slight_smile:
Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.