Sorcery, quality of life changes

• Being able to choose where lightning storm is placed from the caster, casting lightning storm at range, away from you.

• Being able to place ice bridge so you know where it will connect to

• Being able to make zombies from sand / dirt / dust stored in Jars that you can carry, that way they don’t have to follow you everywhere and block you in your base also

• Corrupted stone wards at your base, maybe you can place corrupted stone pillar so anyone attacking your base gets corrupted health and stamina if nearby.

• Placing runes on the ground that spawn a defender if a hostile player walks on it.

• Blood moon beast, PVP summon.

• Melee players can outrun zombies, need better chase.

7 Likes

I like some of these ideas Scorpy.

2fjyld

thankyou cultist :slight_smile: at the very minimum would like to have lightning storm at range, and the demon lord perk grant you either permanent abyssal armor and mace, bow and mount and demon summon OR! Much increased Expiration timer, like 3 hours for the timer, but i would like all the above implemented to see Sorcery reach its full potential.

And can we see the Arcane building set return, or an Abyssal building set with tier 1,2,3.

1 Like

So cruel. :slight_smile: Also a Krllyandian, fighting it is just brutal.

Yeah that kry thing would be good at attacking bases, would be a good summon for it or something like it.

And is a nightmare to fight, because it has 4 targetable legs and if you use a thrall, it keeps spinning around and Set forbid you if you target-lock on one of those legs, the camera spinning will make you puke all over the screen and keyboard. :rofl:

I fought it exactly once and it was worse than Blood Moon Beast. And today I found out the BP challenge requires me to kill one again, lol.

I think it should remain, I mean placing it away would actually be kind of redundant because its such a large area. But thematically you are trying to invoke weather and it shouldn’t really be controllable. I wouldn’t even mind if it drifted unexpectedly.

I wouldn’t say no to this. But I haven’t had trouble myself. What I’d like to see is the ability to create more than one again. With the caveat of the bridge can be destroyed out from underneath you (I think it can now, but I’d like it to be easier).

These would have to be even more temporary than what we have now.

I could see this. But I’d like to see more sorcerous defenses added too, as that is how it is commonly used in the source material. Curses and hexes on entire forces entering a warded area.

:stuck_out_tongue:

I would say much of what sorcery needs is in its Stamina right now. In the words of someone important, they cannot even fully light attack with daggers and that’s a problem.

Your line of thinking is very opposed to mine, I want Higher magic(in a ritual low magic sense) i don’t agree with limitations, especially in this game where someone can use a mere ram to raid right through your base.

So in comparison that player with a ram should get tired arms because thematically that’s a lot of muscular effort, you should get even more tired from wearing heavy armor and when you eat you should have a Full-stomach unable run.

I’m not having a go at you, but if you apply that line of thinking to other areas it just does not make sense.

Funny thing is: The game is designed in a way for a reason, even if you disagree with the reason.

For another example: WoW has “QoL” so you can dismount and stick your mount “somewhere” that it is conveniently available when you need it. That is more “convenient” ? Sure. Would I want it ? Not really.

For each stuff that says “QoL”, there are different definitions of what is Quality. To many people immersion means one thing, to other people another.

The one thing is: I agree, and have modded my game for it, so followers dont get in the way.

That is as far as I think it should be made.

The other things, too convenient. And convenience is a two way street.

The very own list has two things that will end in more complaints:

Being able to make zombies from sand / dirt / dust stored in Jars that you can carry, that way they don’t have to follow you everywhere and block you in your base also

Placing runes on the ground that spawn a defender if a hostile player walks on it.

The classic example when people dont know that the rights they want are the rights someone else will exercise on them.

Why not introduce a new building set called abyssal architecture that is a t3 but instead of using reinforced brick, uses corrupted stone. It creates a corruption zone on the build claim that you want plus give Eldritch building sets that provides warning to others that enter your domain.

Already posted that idea Abyssal building set on another post. Mainly because I wanted the Arcane building set but sadly won’t be able to because it was in the battle pass so I thought an Abyssal building set would be similar. I also thought that you would need corrupted stone to make the building pieces and with the corruption effect.

Actually I wouldn’t mind if others used it, I would expect another sorcerer to use all the powers they had available, would not bother me if I can use it as well.

You missed the release of the arcane bazaar pieces then. I’m sure it will come around again but it’s no longer a past thing that you can’t get access to.

Thematics has to do with the setting and original lore the content is derived from. The game’s sorcery is ‘lower’ because its Hyborian Age where it is a low fantasy setting. Magic is low key, corrupting, and nearly as dangerous to the user as it is to their targets.

1 Like

I had just started during sorcery, I had no idea as new player then battle pass and bazaar so hopefully they can have one more try of Arcane building set.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.