Platform: Steam
Issue Type: Crash
Game Mode: Online Official
Server Type: PvP
Map: Isle of Siptah
Server Name: 6003
Mods: none

Bug Description:

Yesterday evening I started getting the error “Online play is restricted.” as soon as I reach the main menu. I was able to play single player but not multiplayer. After several trials of fixing the issue and reinstalling the game, this time I started getting the error “Steam online services are unresponsive.” the same way. With the difference of being unable to play single player too this time.

Edit:

After trying opening the game with another account that has Conan Exiles in its library, I didn’t get any error messages. It seems to be related to my Steam account. I don’t know in what way. We suspected that I got banned for some reason, but in that case game should be giving me a ban message which includes why and for how much time I got banned. And also even if I got banned, I would be able to play single player and on private servers.

Things I tried for the first error:
-Opening game in Steam Offline Mode
-ipconfig /flushdns
-Turning off firewall
-Usin VPN
-Opening the game in networks provided by 3 different ISPs
-Rebooting modem
-Resetting modem
-Reinstalling Battleye
-Deleting all mods (I play on official but had some disabled mods for other server)
-Reinstalling the game

Things I tried for the second error:
-Reinstalling Steam (without deleting the freshly installed game)
-sfc /scannow
-Opening the game in networks provided by 3 different ISPs
-Reinstalling Battleye
-Changing Steam server location
-Resetting network adapters

First Error

cc8c70118cc8ab855558e26ff30fc1ad4948cf6b_2_690x282

Second Error

After a few days it turned out Funcom perma-banned me for a report. I don’t know what the wait was for. But the ban was a mistake so I appealed it. Waiting for a response now.

So, for the people who will search this error in the future, you may get perma-banned in a few days. Or it may be something else. It’s probably a state they put your account into while they are investigating the report. So you may not get banned too. But better wait a few days before trying to fix the error in various ways like I did. Also it takes longer if it’s weekend.

Cheers.

Same thing here, don’t know why this is happening, but it is happening.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.