Strange follower bug

Game mode: Single-player
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE

Mods?: Yes and No (see below)
Edition: Steam

Bug Description:

Managed to end up with two thralls ‘following’ simultaneously (see image below)

Bit of a weird set of circumstances - badly timed important phonecall led to me reverting to a back-up save part way through the Warmaker’s Sanctuary dungeon. Normally, out in the world, this would result in me spawning in close to my follower and find that they had reset to ‘scouting’. Inside the dungeon it dumped me back to the start, but left my follower somewhere in the dungeon. Based on the loot I was carrying, the backup save reverted to should have placed me somewhere close to the entrance to the Arena Champion, rather than back at the main entrance to the dungeon. I headed home (because I didn’t have time to go back through it again), expecting follower to show up in due course. When he didn’t, I checked the followers tab and found he was still set to ‘following’ (despite the fact that the map showed him in B8 by the dungeon, and me in J5 - a little beyond his 5m follow distance :wink: ). I then attempted to set him back to scouting by getting another follower to follow me instead, and was surprised to find that I now apparently had both of them following me.

(Cimmerian Berserker was the thrall originally following, Freya was the attempted replacement)

Installed Mods:

When the error originally occurred, I was using the following modlist. I then removed all the mods and attempted to get Freya to follow me, but found the same result. (So, yes mods, but also no mods, but maybe remaining traces, but none of the mods should be related, so maybe :man_shrugging:)

ModControlPanel
Fashionist
Savage Steel
Arena Pier
Emotes for Thralls
Pythagoras Support Beams
LBPR Additional Features
LBPR
Immersive Armor
DryBuildingsIndoors

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Visit Warmakers dungeon with thrall following (may work in any dungeon?)
  2. Progress through dungeon a reasonable distance (I had reached the Arena Champion) - Or just ghost mode through and then spawn in a follower and set them to follow (preferably somewhere they won’t immediately be killed :wink: ). But will need to make sure that earlier backup saves exist while within the dungeon.
  3. Exit game and rollback the game.db to a previous ‘backup’ version that will still be within the dungeon
  4. Leave dungeon and go somewhere else. Spawn in additional follower and set them to ‘follow’. Check ‘followers’ tab.

Additional Note:
I was eventually able to resolve the situation by going back to the dungeon. I had to explore around inside until I finally found where he had ended up (once I got close enough, I could follow the sounds of fighting and yelling about ‘Crom’s poxy balls’…). As soon as I got within range, he switched back to ‘scouting’ automatically. So it appears the problem is something to do with the way in which we got separated - which I’m guessing has something to do with the way we are spawned into a dungeon, and does not seemingly take account of previous position within the dungeon.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.