Switch version 100% crash in Metal Fields. Game now unplayable

Not sure if this is the latest patch you pushed today but i just reached the Metal Fields area on Switch and the game crashes within 1 minute of walking around. This happens every single time and makes it so I cannot proceed in the game.

This is the first time i have ever been completely blocked on a game, it is extremely disappointing as I was enjoying it. How have your QA not picked up on this? I bought the physical version of the game, is it possible to get a refund?

Hello @y2jb, welcome to the forums!

We apologize for the frustration this issue is causing you, does it occur in both docked and undocked modes?

Yes it does. Simply walking around in Metal Fields will crash within 60 seconds. If you manage to save just before you know it will crash, when you reload the save it will crash as soon as you move.

I have the same problem.
I play on Switch.
I find that I can walk around just fine, the crash occurs if I get too close to the big house mentioned by the caracters talking. They say something along the lines of ”someones in trouble in the big house”.

I have tried approaching from different directions, in both docked and undocked mode.
Also Ive tried leaving for the ark, or doing other areas.
Upon returning, the same crash occurs when getting to close.

My guess is some in game story thingie event is supposed to trigger, but somethings off and the whole thing crashes.

Please hotfix, I have been waiting a long time for this game and apart from this issue I love it.

For me, in both modes. See other reply for clarification

Latest patch fixed the vast majority of Switch issues, Thanks!

However you really should have a strong word with your QA. No way Metal Fields was tested before your previous release.

1 Like

Thank you for reporting back @y2jb, we take all constructive feedback to heart and we’ll be sure to look into the matter in order to determine what went wrong, as it’s possible that the issue simply didn’t occur during the testing phase.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you bump into any additional issues, we’ll be happy to assist!

Same issue happens to me, even after the latest patch.

Metal Fields in unplayable, crashes after a minute, sometimes after a few seconds.
This happens in both docked and portable mode.

Really liked this game so far – very frustrating to be unable to continue playing.

1 Like

same issue, when will it be fixed? was the game tested at all before switch release? can I get a refund?

This issue should be addressed in the upcoming Patch 4 for the Switch, which is expected to go live within this week, apologies for the inconvenience caused.

When will the poor and blurry visuals in handheld mode be patched?

The game closes due to an error in metal fields everytime the dialogue is said about helping the Mutant… I can walk around and avoid the dialogue most of the time with no crash…i can even go backwards and play… But if I go to that dialogue point…The game crashes…??? I cannot go forward at all… Please help…

@Brachtscheit Unfortunately there are no plans for further graphical improvements, apologies for the inconvenience.

@KrimsonKrow434 As stated above, this will be addressed in the next patch which should be landing soon. :slight_smile:

Well, you yourself stated in this very forum that the blurry graphics is a glitch that was going to be fixed.

That was a lie?

To further clarify, there were some graphical issues specific to the Switch port in handheld mode that were addressed in the first patch, and possible improvements to graphical fidelity were on the table. Unfortunately, it was determined that it wasn’t possible to further improve the game’s graphics in handheld mode without noticeable performance degradation.

How come that games that are way more demanding in terms of graphics still manage to have way better graphics and visual fidelity on the Switch? Doom, Wolfenstein, The Witcher 3, Divinity: Original Sin 2 and so on (all of them are ports).

Are you saying High Voltage Software who made your port incompetent? Or didn’t Funcom want to pay for the time it would take to fix it?

People payed for this game. Talk about not caring about your customers by not fixing what you destroyed. Thank you for clarifying that.

I didn’t see the earlier posts about metal fields… Due to my phone being slow…to be sure.the fix coming this week is to fix the crash in metal fields… I absolutely love Mutant year zero and will continue to patiently wait… It’s very well worth it… Thank you very much for responding… . -kk-

Thats incredibly awesome… Thank you so very much and I’ll wait patiently :slight_smile:

No problem! There has been a delay with the patch certification which, unfortunately, it’s outside of our control, so it should go live during this week instead.

But large games like “Divinity: Original Sin 2” runs good on Switch with very nice looking graphics, shouldnt you be able to do that as well with “Mutant Year Zero”?