Tanner's Bench missing recipe

Game mode: [Single-player)]
Type of issue: [Performance]
Server type: [PvE]
Region: [North America]

Tanner’s Bench has missing recipe

The Tanner’s bench allows for the crafting of items such as twine from plant fiber, layered fur, and layered silk. However, it does not allow for thralls to craft regular silk from gossamer.

Layered silk = yes
Regular silk = no

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Have gossamer in your inventory.
  2. Place gossamer in Tanners Bench.
  3. Look for recipe to have the bench/thrall produce silk.
  4. Be sad when recipe is missing.

** Recipe is still listed in character inventory (so it can still be made by hand just like twine, but the Tanners Bench, which has the twine recipe, does not have the regular gossamer → silk recipe). **

1 Like

Have you tried adding an armorer to work on that bench?

1 Like

Adding an Armorer to a Tanner’s workbench? No, I have a Tanner in the Tanner’s Bench.

UPDATE: Okay, I tried adding an Armorer to the Tanner’s Bench. Yes, the Armorer can now craft slik.

Therefore, Devs, I would recommend either adding the recipes to Tanner thralls or changing the name of the Tanner’s bench to something appropriate for an Armory. Maybe an Armory Bench?

3 Likes

Hey @Bodin

We’ll send a suggestion to the team to make terminology a little less confusing.
Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

Took me a while to work out that getting silk too - same with trying to work out the Tinkerer Bench.

But, I do love the new challenges with the new thralls and how you have to (a) get those special ones and (b) swap them about to get different high-level items out of it (repair kits for eg.) [and I think it may have been @Narelle that kindly steered me right there too :smiley: ] - that’s what these forums are for.

I do like the fact that we are still getting new and updated stuff to the game (as has been promised many times in the past) - I may not like to have to change the way I fill up the car, or that I may need to rearrange the electricity bill, but… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.