Testlive hotfix (15.02.2018) - Crash and building fixes

If we had no names in event log:
I use actual game mechanics (no cheats) and kill you over and over and over and over at your doorsteps. (you see my name when i kill you)

I steal from you over and over and over and over. You cannot find out who did this.

I blow up one of your walls every day non stop, when you aren’t in base. 16+ bombs a day is easy to produce. You cannot find out who did this.

Out of these three which 1 would be abused by trolls the most?

so the event log is a necessary tool in a game that is infested with trolls and griefers. Until some other way to give the person being trolled a way to pay back the troller, it is needed.

What do you do then with his steam account?

It is not a crime to blow up a wall and it is also not trolling.

I could answer you, it’s simply not immersive.
I want not use “realistic”, because it’s a hazardous denomination in games anyway. But it make not really sens that you know at one side of the map, if anybody remove a fish out of a fishtraop on the other side (example). I know, some are control freaks, and need still know all what is going on, but are those people at the right place in a survival game ?

2 Likes

I can check to see whether or if he has any VAC bans. If so, I screenshot and send along with the video of the exploiter. In one case, it was a guy who could blow stuffs up after Raid hours and he did it right in my face. He had a recent VAC ban on file, which helped escalate this case. This was prior to advanced logging. And please don’t interpret this as argument. As I’ve said I appreciate your viewpoints and persistence.

1 Like

The real exploiters and hackers are keeping familiy steam accounts for this by the way. The great profiteers from the event log are alpha clans who can rally up forces fast to strike and can keep track over their belongings on the whole map with the help of the log.

1 Like

I love the idea of Thrall-witnesses. Or if we had scouts who could report to us in Log format. Maybe he puts a note with dagger on our wardrobe? :smiley:

5 Likes

You mean like in Skyrim, where your crimes are reported by chickens ? :rofl:

2 Likes

Please take the event log discussion elsewhere. This thread is about reports for the current patch, which has nothing to do with the event log debate.

2 Likes

Hello and thank you for the patch! My game no longer crashed so far, and I can finally play :slight_smile:

The only thing I would like to report though, is that so far I played for 40 minutes and the night never came, nor it got any darker, it’s an eternal sunshine and day. I’m not sure if this is because of the testlive client, but I’m reporting it in case.

Could just be server settings. You can type “slomo 10” into the admin console to get things moving REALLY fast to see if it’s working. (slomo 1 to revert back to normal speeds).

1 Like

Thank you, for now I read around that it can be an issue with Catchup Time being turned Off upon starting a new game…I’m gonna test this and then try with the slomo code if that fails.

Follow-up: I still recall loggin in of a morning only to find we’d lost stability at server restart and there were now holes in the roof. I think this is much better. What I do is turn down the distance to 10 (very minimum), then run a query on all building items. In my example here, every time the server was restarted, it registered that my fences in the very close vicinity have lost stability.

I don’t have quite enough data, but what I suspect happens is the piece is placed and is given a stability of say 55. When the server restarts, this is reconciled (because indeed no support is afforded by the roof tile below it) and the piece is given its proper value of 40. I highly recommend taking a floor-by-floor approach, going 10 meters at a time until you’re confident about the pieces and their relative stability.

1 Like

So about the eternal daylight issue, day/night cycle started working properly once I restarted the Testlive client and reloaded my game, upon creating a new game the daylight is set permanently for some reason, but upon restarting it works as intended.

thanks. I never thought to lower the distance that far. I went all around my base on testlive_us3_pve, and could not narrow it down any stability issues. I could get the event log to show just a couple of those entries but I could not find anything wrong, meaning most everything was at 100 or 80. I found some stuff that is at 20, and checked the event log while standing there and nothing was reported.

1 Like

npc s all loot when window is not closed

Hi there!

I really like the changes so far. Enemies are rather tough and I can’t fight them naked anymore! Thanks!
However, just running away from enemies can get you to safety much to easy. As an example, hyenas are rather strong now, but you can just walk/run away from them and they can’t hit you because every time they catch up to you, they stop and try to bite you. I guess they should be able to walk while biting … I believe the same thing goes for tigers, panters and their likes. In real life these animals are faster than humans. I assume this should also be the case here. What do you think?

Kind regards

1 Like

A new patch has been rolled out with some additional crash fixes:

1 Like