Testlive Update 2.3 (10.02.2021) - Isle of Siptah revamp, Offline mode, sprint attacks and more!

@Surya If you happen to test this, please let us know how it goes as I would be interested to know as well. You can always do a rollback if the result is not what you expect it to be.

Wondering how to test it… as we “only see when **** is going down” aka they update the game :see_no_evil:

Idefinitively start backing up the data twice a day next week.

In this case is just a setting though. It will be off by default i.e backup your server, run update and check if all good. If it is, turn off server, enable setting, check what happens. If the result is bad, roll back from the backup.

1 Like

if I start the game without a connection, will it be possible to use dlcs that i bought?

If you use the official offline mode introduced by this patch, yes, you will be able to access your DLCs including Isle of Siptah. You will still require internet connection for updates and installation.

Hello everybody,

We have released a new revision of the Testlive build, version 2.3.275862.

Here’s the Changelog:

Currently Known Issues

• The Deep One Archers have a few issues handling the Bow during several animations, and they’re deeply sorry for the inconvenience.

performance

• Fixed an issue where bleed effects could cause the client to disconnect.
  • The game should no longer crash when using a controller to close the Server Browser after navigating the server list.

newadditions

• Thrall cages are now enabled, the prisoners are no longer in another castle.
  • “Kiah, the Incorruptible” merchant has been split into two different vendors, “Miah” and “Kiah”, each selling one of the pets that were previously sold by Kiah exclusively as a bundle.

crafting

• Items crafted by Priest thralls at religious altars will now get the expected bonuses.

combat

• Increased the size of the hitbox for the 1-handed spear light sprint attack, making it easier to land hits.

ai

• Thralls rescued from cages will now have the correct behavior settings.
  • Improved NPC navigation in several camps, as well as in the Nameless Shadow boss location, while also addressing some issues where they also had trouble attacking their targets or were floating.
  • Fixed a couple of issues that led NPCs would get stuck in Vault 5.
  • NPCs from “The Volary of the Harpy” and the boss from “The Volary of Jhil” vaults will no longer have issues with landing attacks on players.
  • Accursed_Armorer_4_Cimmerian3 is now an armorer rather than an archer.
  • Thunn’Ha pets can now be placed.
  • Shaggai pets should now have a proper growth-curve and perks.
  • Fixed an issue where commanding the following thrall to stop would make all active thralls move to its position.

balancing

• Rebalanced the Khayne armor as it was giving extremely high stat bonuses, it should now provide an attribute bonus of 3 Strength and 2 Vitality.
  • “Eldarium-Reinforced Chests” now have 50K hitpoints rather than 5k.
  • Removed lightning damage from the “Convergence Trap”.
  • Fixed an issue where a Scout Corpse in one of the Medium Camps was giving a Fragment of Power instead of a Scout’s Report.
  • Graves will always provide loot when dug.
  • The “Nameless Shadow” boss can no longer be knocked out.
  • The “Voidforge Gladius” has had its effects repurposed and will now apply Poison.
  • “Thunn’ha Javelin” should now apply Bleed.
  • Fixed an issue that caused recipes that used Wood and Shaped Wood to grant more XP than intended. This will result in significantly decreased XP gained from crafting, so feel free to provide us with your constructive feedback as we’ll make further adjustments to this if you feel that the change is too impactful.
  • Increased the population density in one of the big camps.

qol

• The altar socket no longer spawns while a surge is active, making it easier to loot refund bags from the Focus Altars.

general

• “Sigil of the Serpent” is now correctly applying the Pure buff, which removes 2 stacks of Poison every 2.5 seconds.
  • “Blackwater Leggings” and “Blackwater Gauntlets” will now equip to the correct slots.
  • The Wanderlust buff should no longer persist after removing the Wanderlust armor set.
  • The Journey Step to combine orb effects can no longer be achieved by using a single type orb type.
  • Small spiders spawned by the “Spider of Leng” boss are no longer affected by graphical artifacts.
  • Player hair will no longer clip through the Dragonbone Helmet.
  • “Kraxus’ Helm” and the Blackwater armor set are no longer invisible while being worn by players.
  • “AltarModuleActiveTimeMultiplier” server setting will now function properly for Leyshrine Palisades and Walls.
  • Reentering the “Asylum of the Outsiders” vault will no longer cause multiple instances of NPCs to spawn.
  • Fixed a save game issue where Static buildable objects, such as braziers, would double after updating the game.
  • “Quartermaster Kung” will now drop a Keyring as originally intended.
  • “The Minstrel Boss” will now drop the “Song of the Minstrel” as originally intended. You can toss a coin to our bugfixers.
  • Added interaction to a readable scroll located in the “Den of the Wolfmen” basement.
  • The Thrall Cage console commands should now be working as expected:
    • DC ThrallCage Spawn - Fills all Thrall Cages.
    • DC ThrallCage Clear time - despawns Thralls that are inside cages and repopulates them.
    • DC ThrallCage Randomize - Randomizes which Thrall Cages have prisoners while obeying the prisoner limit and existing respawn timers.
    • DC ThrallCage Reset - Empties all Thrall Cages, resets all respawn timers, and starts naturally spawning in prisoners (may take a minute or two to reach the prisoner limit again).
  • It should no longer be possible to retrieve the “Iron Leg-hold Trap” after it has been placed.
  • Removed the “Wasting Disease” effect from the “Voidforge Shortsword” as it was causing some unexpected client stability issues.
  • “Calandra the Reaver” is now wearing leggings.
  • The new Lightweight arrows may now be loaded into bows and shot.
  • Llogoir weapons are now granting bonuses as intended.
  • It should now be possible to respawn within “The Tower”.
  • Learning the “Furniture Maker” feat should no longer unlock additional feats from the Isle of Siptah.
  • Removed vultures near one of the new camps as they interfered with NPC behavior.
  • Removed some non-functional lore books from the camps.
  • Gas traps around one of the “Black Corsairs” camps should now always retract into the surface they’re placed on.
  • The feat book for Eldarium Tools should no longer open a popup window.
  • Schematic for Blackwater armor should now teach the correct feat, rather than teaching “Pride of the Silent Legion”.
  • “Great Axe of the Wolf” is now using the correct mesh.
  • Menagerie Shield had its LOD (Level of Detail) tweaked to smooth out geometry transition.
  • Certain camp loot chests that were not spawning Essences will now do so.
  • “Tcho-Tcho Ally”, “Tcho-Tcho Veteran Ally”, “Thunn’ha Ally”, and “Thunn’ha Veteran Ally” pets should now have an expiration timer rather than durability.
  • Fixed an issue where it would be possible for the meteors not to spawn on the Isle of Siptah.

terrain

• Expanded No Build area on “The Haunted Wreck” to prevent blocking NPC spawns.
  • Fixed the placement of a grave in the “Wreck of the Sea Dog” camp that would sometimes spawn on top of the wreck rather than on the ground.
  • Fixed a LOD issue on the camp close to Siptah’s Contemplation that caused new assets to load only when in very close proximity.
  • Fixed several locations where players could get stuck in geometry.
  • Fixed an issue where no NPCs would spawn at a specific camp.
  • Plinth Mesh in Menagerie has been replaced by an updated version.
  • Various loot chests from the new camps and one of the shipwrecks have been moved to address some clipping and looting issues.
  • Closed gaps in the mesh inside a tower close to the “Towerwatch Keep” and some of the terrain close to one of the medium camps and the “Riverwatch Keep”.
  • Fixed the interaction with some of the weapons present in the camps, so that they can be picked up.
  • Lecterns for Harpy Weapon and Armor feat are now facing the correct direction.
  • Increased scale and visibility for the interactable trophy that teaches the “Devolved Bat Claw” feat.
  • Meteor spawn locations on the Isle of Siptah were updated to prevent blocking a certain pathway on one of the new camps.
  • Fixed some misplaced banners and totems in one of the camps.
  • Disabled collision on the ropes for the Stygian tents and broken masts.
  • Updated collision and no climbing volumes in some of the camps to help prevent players from getting stuck.
  • Adjusted the prop and grass locations in some of the camps, as they were hovering.
  • Moved two spawn points that were spawning birds inside of geometry in the forest area.
  • Adjusted a crocodile spawn point that was too close to one of the camps, interfering with its NPCs.
  • Adjusted the blood decals in the torture chamber at the large Western camp.
  • Adjusted scaffolds near one of the camps, preventing the Sasquatch from going through their mesh.
  • Adjusted the boat and chest in a pirate camp to prevent the water from overflowing into them.
  • Updated collisions in one of the camps to prevent a wild dog NPC from spawning stuck in geometry.
  • “The Haunted Wreck” has been reverted to its pre-revamp state, as it was in Patch 2.2.
  • Added VFX (Visual Effects) to the displays in the Menagerie room inside “The Tower”.
  • Reduced the intensity of the Surge Portals tornado effect.

ui

• Feats learned from Feat Teachers now correctly show Level 0 as the lever requirement.
  • The Siptah Storm buff is no longer visible, as it’s currently obsolete.
  • Map markers (including death markers) for characters and followers will now stay locked to “The Tower”’s entrance while they are inside.
  • Added missing images for new Armor pieces - Gremlin armor pieces, Harpy Claw Gauntlets, Bat Skin Cowl, Mask of the Fiends, Demon Steel Helmet, Great Wolf armor pieces, Drowned Regalia pieces, Serpent Skin armor pieces, and Feathered Jhil armor pieces.
  • The Wanderlust buff had its placeholder icon replaced with the final one.
  • The Stygian Invader Priests are now named correctly.
  • “Surge Harvester” and “Barricade Control” recipes in the “Elder Constructions” feat should now indicate where to craft them.
  • Fixed a typo in the Twice-Drowned Warpaint’s name.
  • “Nordheimer Shelvings” and “Nordheimer Shelvings” should no longer have placeholder names.
  • All “Ruins” placeables should no longer have placeholder descriptions.
  • “Shaggai Queen Jelly” and “Shaggai Larvae” should no longer have placeholder names and descriptions.
  • “Jailor’s Key 11010” no longer has a placeholder description.
  • Added descriptions to several lootable items from the Vault creatures - Silent Slash, Gremlinfang, Fiend-bone Hammer, Fiend-bone Mace, The Beak, Goblinfang, Eldarium Cache, Claws of the Wolf, Wolf-storm, Venom-Sac, Devolved Bat Claw, Devolved Bird Wing, Devolved Drowned Scale, Devolved Fiend Bone, Devolved Goblin Hand, Devolved Harpy Feather, Devolved Serpent-man Hand, Devolved Spider Chunk, Wolf-Eye, Anti-venom.
  • Added names and descriptions to multiple Menagerie recipes and feats that are unlocked via the recipes obtained in “The Tower”.
  • Added names and descriptions to the new weapon and armor items unlocked from the Vault feat teachers.
  • Added descriptions to the items and recipes from the “Devolved” and “Wrecker” feats.
  • Added missing text to some Scout Reports, as well as an item description.
  • Replaced placeholder names, icons, and descriptions on the “Chop Chop” figurines.
  • Replaced the placeholder names for several camps on the Isle of Siptah.
  • Fixed an error in the Chapter 3 Journey, “Find Civilization”.
  • Fixed an error in the thrall rescue notification text.
  • Adjusted two NPCs from one of the camps that were sitting on the floor way too close to a table, they are now rested and standing firmly.
  • Added descriptions to “Stomach-Sac”, “Blood-Sac”, “Venom-Sac”, “Stygian Tent”, “Huntress Arrows”, “Eldarium Pick”, “Eldarium Hatchet”, “Song of the Minstrel”, and the Eye-changing feats.
  • “Medium Silent Legion” and “Light Silent Legion” armor pieces will now show the attribute bonuses granted.
  • Added missing overlay icon to Lightweight arrows when they are applied to bows.
  • Fixed an inconsistency in the use of capital letters between different Devolved Statues, Trophies, and Insignias.
  • Fixed the description of the “Devolved Harpy Statue”.
  • The placeable “Devolved Goblin Hand Trophy” is now properly named as Hand instead of Horn.
  • Fixed the placeholder names and descriptions for the new Siptah Weapon Modkits.
  • Fixed an inconsistency between the names of the “Thunn’Ha Ally” and the “Thunn’ha Veteran Ally”.
  • Fixed the alignment of the “Tome Restrict Avatar Summoning” server settings in the UI so that they are not overlapping text.

audio

• Updated the audio for the Vault 5 gate.
  • “Shamalla The Pirate Queen” should no longer have an audible, unintended voice-over, staying mute as originally intended.
  • Default brazier sound volume has been reduced.
  • We have told the audient void and tweaked a sound cue to prevent the “Nyarlathotep” tentacle loop from getting stuck.
11 Likes

Do we already have a possible date for the consoles?

We’re hoping to provide a date for the parity patch sometime after the release of 2.3 on the live branch for PC.

2 Likes

We provided more information about the consoles parity patch in our latest producer letter, which can be accessed below:

However, this thread is for discussing and providing feedback about the current PC Testlive patch. Please keep the feedback about the topic at hand.

4 Likes

Love the changes, keep up the great work!

2 Likes

Feedback on version 2.3.275862.

PROS

• New cages mechanic is great, awesome source of early game thralls.
  • New lore is good, voiceover is solid.
  • New camps look good and are nicely detailed and populated.
  • Squishing elder race bits for Ichor is great, since Ichor is harder to find now that fish traps require bugs as fuel, as well as being a late-game ingredient for oil.
  • Haunted Wreck is no longer an Accursed Camp and that’s great, since I personally felt it made that part of the map OP AF.

CONS

• What is the point of the items in the pedestals in the Tower? When I first saw them I thought they were showing what we would get by spending there, but it isn’t. This is confusing and definitely a UX issue.
  • There is no sign of the challenges that could be found in the Tower. I guess this is as intended?
  • Sigil buffs are not showing anywhere. Is this a bug?
  • Accursed capital is still empty.
  • Storm still looks stupidly weak. I mean come on, does this look like an otherwordly storm?

The current one is much, much better.

BUGS

• Hyperborean blood seems bugged, no option in the Orb of Nergal showed up for me.
  • Glowing algae in fish vaults are glowing too much again (keep in mind I’m playing at Medium settings)
  • Pressing the Play button when reading a lore entry is bugged, instancing the audio two times instead of canceling the current instance and starting another.
  • I am not getting the “Maelstrom” status when I am inside the storm. I don’t know if this is a bug or an intended feature.

PET PEEVES

• Fuming Cave is still pointless.
  • Accursed lack identity.

QUESTIONS

• Shovels cannot be found still, right? I am not missing something, right?
  • Are there more altars that you can pray to that give you buffs?

As always, keep up the good work! Also I would like to add that I am really, REALLY impressed by the amount of content you are putting in this game in order to overhaul Siptah and The Exiled Lands. Thank you a lot!

4 Likes

Hi @AstemioDaBirra, first of all, thank you for taking the time to write such detailed feedback. I am not part of Funcom’s team but I have a few comments:

I agree with this comment here even though I have never really had issues getting ichor on siptah with all the spiders and spider vaults. I’ve just wanted to point out that crafting oil has been made more accessible now even at early levels as the recipe was added to a T3 alchemist. I am very happy with this change.

I had the same comment. I see an armor and I would expect to get an armor not a candle recipe. However, I have noted that now we get only the newly added recipes from those pedestals instead of old+new library which for me is a nice change as it reduces the rng due to the smaller pool of recipes to draw from.

As a side note: EL still have all recipes in one + they get the voidforge recipes which require eldarium. I am aware that this has been noted and under discussion.

Same but who knows maybe they would add some portal similar to well of skelos as there is something in the middle which looks like that.

I don’t think it is a bug but I agree that it would be nice to see what they do. At the moment, I have no clue what each of them does, I know some one has some poison removal effect and another corruption removal but it would be nice to get some sort of hint about it somewhere :smiley:

It does show but it is hidden. I have reported it here.

We do have a shovel. It has been in the game for a long time. It even has a fitting name.

I know there is a set one that I got buffs from. Not sure which one you found.

1 Like

I guess that’s true, but it is still quite restricted geographically.

Yeah when I said “late-game” I meant T3, not necessarily late game. My bad.

Then it is even more bugged than it appears to be, since in the description in mentions that it gives you “Light Skin” and not another type of eye.

OK, I thought shovels were going to be a new type of consumable key-type item, not that we had to craft Gravedigger. It is somehow counterintuitive, also is that not a recipe from the Library of Esoteric Artifacts in the Exiled Lands? How do you find it on Siptah?

I found the one in the main Stygian camp but that’s it. I’m curious if there will be others. My guess is yes, since we have yet to see the new religion.

It is part of the loot table for the big chests in the vaults. You have to be lucky to roll a recipe and then double lucky to get what you want.

2 Likes

It is as I thought. This makes it a terrible feature.

2 Likes

Not for pvpers. #Lagbuilders

I looked at the two screenshots you provided, and I had to do a double-take, because I didn’t even realize there was a storm in the first one at a glance.

Please, Funcom, please reconsider this particular change.

5 Likes

If you get “grave digger” recipe, you can craft the weapon that lets you also dig up Graves.

Granted, this is the first thing I thought of, so I admon spawned it and it worked. I’m not sure if there’s another mechanic in play.

1 Like

I concur. This is now the 3rd time they’ve reduced the storm intensity since launch. I think the current live iteration is a good medium. It should not be diminished further IMO.

Edit: I also protest the 1 minute storm buildup. They should go back to the 15 minute buildup at launch. I play private servers, and we have it set to 15… any time I get back to official it throws me off. I just think… no one should be caught at the tower farming star metal and not have any warning a storm is coming.

2 Likes

I’d like throw in my voice in agreement to changing the storm back to how it currently is on live, at least with the visual effects. The testlive storm is barely noticeable and not the least threatening. We need that red sky and haunting lighting. I’m very unclear as to the feedback that led to this change.

3 Likes