Testlive Update 2.8 - Discussion Megathread

If something isn’t in the notes and is discovered on Testlive testing, report it. I can promise it isn’t their intention to ninja anything in. And if its not intentional, it will be properly recorded for bug fixing.

4 Likes

You can promise that huh? Really? You looking over their shoulders or something? :slight_smile: There usually are a few little things in the new versions that are unmentioned in the notes (new bugs if nothing else) - “I can promise you!” LOL - but I do take your point. Also, I’m not being paid to beta test their code - so I may or may not report it - as the mood grabs me. :wink:

Ah, OK, I’m mistaken about that then. I thought they were less.

:man_facepalming:

6 Likes

Added new expiration timer to explosives and explosive arrows. Once your explosives reach the 1/4 time left, they have a chance to explode if you run or jump! Mostly if you land hard.

3 Likes

Love it. Anything that makes explosives go unscheduled…it’s entertaining and provides tons of stories afterwards.

1 Like

Try logging into 1530 right now

Yeah, my server was full all this Saturday… Until about 2am Sunday. It’s Sunday 11am in Japan right now.

1 Like

I fully agree with you on every point here. In general, Funcom should add counters or nerf content rather than removing content or features as a general rule.

A lot of the people I see complaining about things on the forums think the game is unbalanced or too tough because they haven’t learned the game yet, which to be fair, takes a long time. Mastery is a long journey in Conan Exiles.

I consider nerfing to be a removal of something though. Adding counter-actives are where it’s at IMO. So people might think horses need a nerf for example… No! Instead introduce chariots. Etc.

And are very often also selfish, yes, I agree.

Ahh, good ole’ Testerle… Don’t worry about him @TeleTesselator he’s just always grumpy when someone disagrees with him.

@TeleTesselator
This. What Multigun says here is accurate. Funcom has made it clear that their days of intentional ninja-changes are done, and that if something is not in the patch notes, it should be considered an unintentional change and should be reported.

I agree with your post on all points. I am hopeful that the removal of fence stacking is a step in a good direction for trying to actually balance the raiding and building aspects of the game, which I welcome–under the fair assumption that FC is working in the best interest of their vision for the game and aren’t trying to intentionally nuke it. However, it makes me nervous whenever they announce something big like the fence stacking removal without discussing it more openly beforehand. I had no idea until last night, when @CodeMage pointed it out to me, that FC had finally laid down a verdict about fence stacking being an exploit back in July. The word came directly from @Ignasi. I am hopeful that Funcom knows what they are doing here. But it’s hard to wait too long on faith. It would be nice to have another Dev Stream soon to know what is going on.

1 Like

Yea, they already got one. And they NEEDED it at the time. Personally I think horses now are fine.

It’s OK that we disagree. :slight_smile: IMO if they nerfed horses they made a calculation error. They have made a rather large error in judgement by removing fence stacking too. Instead they should have added something to replace it - not removed it. You add to a project to progress it, you remove from it or restrict it to regress it. Design Engineering 101.

On the Funcom reporting thing, I’m sorry if that made him grumpy but I really do not live for Funcom. My time is valuable (to me if to no one else :stuck_out_tongue: ) That FC has a group of people willing to beta test for free for them is wonderful - more power to them. Please don’t suggest that I should join them. I might help if i feel like it, and if I don’t I likely wont. I have little to no investment in seeing or helping FC or CE succeed. That might sound uncaring, cold, or even grumpy on my part, but it’s just realism. I’m here because I feel like it. :slight_smile:

(PVE) I recall when Isle of Siptah was in EA, the servers were full. Once again, when Siptah left EA and went into full release. My current official server definitely neared peeked capacity in the evenings during the 1st two weeks of the Grave Matters event. Server populations go up with every new content update. The “sleepers” wake up and new people join. Server queues would help during these peeks now and in the future.

Hey all,

Please remember that the purpose of a Testlive build is to report issues before the full launch after having given them a try, not to engage in petty forum PvP.
If testing the build, reporting issues or missing lines in the patchnotes isn’t something you feel particularly inclined to do, please wait until the patch releases live. This way we can focus on keeping the conversation about this build on topic so we can work on improving the build -and patchnotes- for the full release.

Thank you.

14 Likes

I know of topic, but sadly, I have lost all my chest board pieces. Several Floggins. Tea pots.

I am on official pve xbox server
Yesterday, I wanted to test out laying some foundations for a planned build. The First foundation I placed didn’t even place, just vanished. Check the log it said lost stability.
Not even a minute later lost objects placed on a slab table. This wasn’t even near the table,
Oddly enough. 5 mins later the server crashed for over a hour.

It’s not a random thing like the past bugs. It’s happening on a regular basis now.

Can you show any comparison screenshots? And impact on FPS? Because i found for myself that using nvidia sharpen filter takes it down. Jitter is TXAA issue, and it can be configured to be less or more blurry, its personal choice. Look at RDR2 taa for example, is it better?
Devs could add that as OPTION, not mandatory, will it be bad for anyone if you have more options?

Again, because raid has never been given a decent game loop. Build thick, offline are the only way to play it and have a chance at surviving. You are missing the point. Removing it was a negative against raid, with no fix to counter offline raiders. Literally making it more meta to offline bases. The fence stacking was the 9nly decent speed bump, now it is 2
30 bombs and you are in.

1 Like

When is this patch scheduled to drop?

My guess is that it drops when they are satisfied - likely a few debug cycles over the TestLive server. At least I don’t recall ever having seen a date or deadline published with one of these.

No date announced, but expect two weeks at least