Testlive Update 2.8 - Discussion Megathread

thought i would ask so i can prepare some things for a server

1 Like

That’s true of all open social media - and the more open it is the more true it is. People like to participate and crave recognition - it’s part of the human condition in modern society.

I agree that’s not likely to change anything though. Anytime a company is implementing restrictions and limitations over expansion and extending creative potential, they are moving in the opposite direction of success. This is hard for a lot of people to get - especially young players still living at home where parents more often train by restriction and punishment. So naturally players (and it seems now even game designers too), emulate this destructive dynamic.

You did a bad thing, we’re taking away your toys.

1000% this

lol. Too good. About sums it up. Fence stacking getting removed because some people made bases with more than 300 layers.

2 Likes

No, not because of that. Those people get banned.

Fence stacking is getting removed because most of those who got banned for that complained about their bans. Many of them weren’t aware that it was a bannable offense, because Funcom’s ruling about whether it’s an exploit was “communicated” as a comment buried 100+ posts deep in a random thread.

Of those who complained and were told it’s an exploit, a vocal handful requested the removal of the whole feature.

I’d say that’s why it’s getting removed.

2 Likes

its actually getting removed so server performance is better lol. same as nerfing fish traps so ppl don’t use them anymore.

isn’t a better solution to get better servers funcom? like seriously 30 tick rate in 2022 haha!

I’m pretty sure they said we’d be getting 60 ticks this year, but you’re right, performance is key. A rising tide lifts all ships, the game will benefit.

1 Like

I have just joined your official Testlive PvE EU Server (~60 ping) and I massively rubberband there. A fresh and clean Conan Exiles install on Steam.

My starting location was already glitched, spawned on a harvestable rock. When I successfully “dodged” to be able to walk again, so nearly each stone foundation at starting location was glitching me out.

Also nearly every NPCs are glitching/rubberbanding around and hitting me from 100 meters away, then “teleports” to me.

On my journey up to north above/next to the Noob River I am actually glitched! I rubberband, I cannot heal up myself and my stamina is not restoring. Reconnecting didnt work. I can use Torches though.

Regards,
N3

Edit_001:
Suiciding by removing the Bracelet did kinda work, though there are still some locations/spots which let me rubberband and/or block. Exiled Lands E-F 4-5

Edit_002:
I again entered a spot with same story. Movement not possible etc

Edit_003:
Dafari Camp, Fleshtearer Falls, center of E 5
:joy:

20220113101504_1

20220113101516_1

Edit_004:
I have figured out, if this massive rubberbanding happens so I need to exactly move that way/path back from which I had come.

I would suggest you restart the Testlive Servers please. It is obviously a server performance issue.

I guarantee that if you spent any time talking with PvE players you will hear the opposite. The sheer number of weapons and mechanics that have no place in PvE, not to mention the weapon health regen changes made because exclusively PvP players are complaining about this or that.

If your next step is to ask for a list, I actually did make a partial one. (Any weapon that does corruption, frost, warming, or stamina damage. Explosives. Siege Weapons. Nerfs to Lifeblood, Act of Violence, Bestial Claws, Yog’s Touch, World Hammer, Annihilator, Grey Man weapons, etc. Changes to health benefits of Ambrosia and Purified Flesh. I could go on.)

Once, after the thrall leveling went into effect, someone made the completely idiotic statement that “Now PvE players will have to learn how to play.” I can tell you that thrall leveling made the game extremely easy in PvE. Having played both PvP and PvE, I can say with some degree of certainty, that, with a few exceptions, PvP players have an inverse proportion of whining to game knowledge.

5 Likes

Your post does not help pvp, so I don’t really care.

It looks like EU PvE and EU PvE-C are down now
?

Killer dog-o’s and predator feline laying low in the tall grass and bushes is no help to PVP?

lay low all they want, those nice shiny HP bars give them away.

6 Likes

Nope. Thrall emotes are for every non-PvP style. So? There should be zero changes for non-PvP? Are you that petty?

Let’s take a look at things that help PvP in just this patch.

• Fixed a number of exploits regarding stamina consumption and undermeshing.
  • It should no longer be possible to place fence foundations too close to each other by exploiting building mechanics.
  • Fixed an issue where left-hand sided attacks from a mounted rhino would not cause damage.
  • Fixed a rare issue where thralls would remain in a state where they could not attack nor get attacked under specific circumstances.
  • Stormglass gate frame can no longer be climbed and mantled.

Your focus seems to be on the thing that you don’t care about. Sounds game breaking.

1 Like
  1. That is for pve as well. PvE has exploiters. This is a general bug fix regardless of server type.

2. Hurts PvP, because as said before, it was the only way to really speed bump an offline raid meta.

3. Because no one uses rhinos in PvE, right? I know very few, if any, use rhinos in pvp, not as fast as a horse mount.

4. Because Thrall v Thrall is soooooo pvp. Thralls were a pve addition to help run dungeons, npc camps, etc. They remove pvp in most cases, and it becomes pokemon.

5. That was a bug, inconsistent with other gates. Not a pvp afddition, but a fix 100%.

1 Like

So, you’re saying none of these benefit PvP?

I do agree with you about running dungeons. Over half the PvP players we dealt with had no clue how to run a dungeon. A few had never even been in one.

Still, I notice you haven’t addressed the point. Why are you so hostile to a change that you don’t plan to use?

2 Likes

It’s not hostile. It is just reality. PVP raid is the red headed step child. And thrall emotes? Really? The devs are wiping bases for server impact, yet introduce another aesthetician load only will make it better

Back when we had feeding thralls, one reason was it was too much of a strain on servers to calculate the constant updating.

Thralls have AI issue due to server strain calculations. That is why alot of times only 4 of your 10 archers on a wall aggro when getting raided. But let’s add a RP element over trying to figure out the raid game loop. So yeah, I stand corrected, I am hostile. Hostile that FC won’t come out and say they don’t care to or can’t make raid a viable game loop. But they tease and tease. And I hope and hope.

2 Likes

So, basically Bill Gates
 Successful, rich, and secretly controlling all our lives from behind the curtains?

If we were, we would have waaaaaaay better combat mechanics. More like Cartman, and we will feed you chili.

2 Likes

Which I think is a perfectly valid complaint. If FC is gonna say that it’s an exploit officially, it needs to be posted somewhere in the stickied official rules. I used to have a base in Crevice that was stacked 200 gates deep. Any clan that knows anything about how to play Conan PvP would have done the same. About 90% of the Conan Meta PvP base locations are permanent structures that players can build 200 gates on. These insanely stacked bases can still be raided in <5 hours and, in my opinion, the only people that were actively complaining about fence stacking were PvP players that wanted to raid, but are too lazy to farm the resources to raid a large base. They want the joy of the iron price, looting a clan’s larder and stockpile, without paying the gold price for the materials to do it.

Most of the people that complain about PvP on the forums haven’t actually played the game long enough to understand the current PvP meta. Most PvP players don’t actually complain on the forums because in reality–like @biggcane55 pointed out–the lack of a reasonable PvP raid game-loop – is really the only major complaint most of the PvP players I’ve talked to have. Mainly this is because there are toxic alpha groups that jump from server to server wiping people overnight. Randomly, and just to be jerks. Raiding should come with real rewards, as it already does, but it needs to be balanced to not make vault spam the meta (which it currently is). Also, in a game mode where players are incentivized by gameplay to plop down as many building pieces as possible to defend their stockpile, we REALLY SHOULD NOT HAVE PEOPLE GETTING BANNED FOR DOING WHAT THE GAMEPLAY LOOP ENCOURAGES. Therefore, I think there does need to be a building limit of some form in PvP (although, as I have said elsewhere–I am not in favor of hard building piece limits). Building needs to be encouraged in PvP, and it needs to simultaneously enforce a limit. -My2Cents

lol. My thoughts exactly.

1 Like

100x This. Removing Fence stacking will only cause PvP clans to switch to making bigger bases out of the same or MORE building pieces to maintain HP values. I forsee that this will actually make servers perform the same or worse, buildings look uglier and take up more space, and will further enhance the already existing offline raiding meta against clans who build small and weak in fear of being banned (i.e. penalizing those who are most concerned with not pushing the rules to their limit.)

I’m all for better servers, but I just want to reiterate that removing fence/gate stacking is actually not going to help server performance that much because PvPers are still gonna build their bases with the same HP but instead build them bigger with more pieces. It will alleviate the load a bit up front because the density of building pieces will drop, however, it will still continue to have a massive impact on server performance. Only the QA or Analyst peeps at PC can tell us exactly how much of a performance improvement spreading out these building pieces will have, but I doubt spreading them out from about .5meters (i.e. fence stacing) to 9 meters (same HP built with foundations) will make an obscene performance impact. Though I could be wrong.

1 Like