The base disappeared

Yeah, that is the more likely scenario. If the base has been there for ages, that doesn’t matter as I guess all it takes is a complaint based on the base-blocking guidelines, etc.
This was posted a long time ago - and there are other guides I am sure:

1 Like

this is the problem that the marker worked. that is, you opened a cleft if you approached it and there was an opportunity to go down.
marker in general, my building did not block this achievement for you.

it existed for so long because it did not block the marker, that is, it did not cause problems for other players and for me the question is: why was it demolished. after all, in fact, construction is not prohibited there. And they demolished the entire base and all the buildings that were outside the cave.

Please do! :slight_smile:
It is highly encouraged, so by all means, go around and sheriff your server a bit :stuck_out_tongue: It does wonders for replication and loading times!

Here’s the thing… you are only assuming that was the reason for it… in fact, if I read this correctly you’re even assuming that it was admin action (though it’s highly likely), but you didn’t actually contact Zendesk yet to ask whether you were banned, and if so, why… right?

So no, nobody here is sure you were banned for blocking the marker :man_shrugging: Perhaps you could post some pictures of your base so people can have more educated guesses?

Let me reassure you though, that if you spent that whole year farming and building stuff and expanding, then you could have very easily been claiming more land than Funcom is okay with.

Typically ALL of the longtime “alpha” buildings with lasers shooting out of every crevice (pre C3 ofc - no more lasers) violate the rules in some form or another. Either claiming up more space than they reasonably need or having too many placeables… or having some form of decorative landclaim around (side-buildings, torches in the front yard… etc)

2 Likes

I took up as much space as the placement of all the temples allows in view of their restriction on placement next to each other. As for the territory, the base was large, but there are many bases much larger than mine. Regarding complaints about other people’s bases, I am not one of those people who deprive others of their homes. For such actions, there are people like you, how much you need to disrespect someone else’s work. It’s funny about the server load time, because it won’t change. but if your server is not working well, you should pay attention to your Internet or computer. Regarding the appeal, I made 2 appeals. And yes, temples no longer emit rays of light.

That’s a common thing people get false encouragement from…
The exclusion radius of the altars does not excuse taking up more space, since you don’t actually NEED to have all the altars :man_shrugging:

The rules are pretty simple… in essence they sum up to:
“Don’t be an a-hole and be considerate of others…”
Simply being reported will NOT result in you being wiped and banned… an admin does look at it and makes a judgement call - granted, they don’t have nearly enough time to spend on that than we’d prefer… but they still look… and in 99% of the cases if you got wiped, there was something wrong with your base.

Why do you think Codemage above is so bold to give out where he “lives”?.. He’s aware of the rules and following them to the best of his ability so he’s pretty sure that unless some rare mishap comes along, there’s a very high chance an admin would investigate his base and decide it’s not against the rules.

Well, I have reported a grand total of 0 bases, simply because I haven’t played on official servers recently :man_shrugging: But if I came across a base that clearly violated the rules in my opinion… then I would report it so the admins can decide whether my judgment call was right or not…
You seem to be forgetting that the people reporting you are not the ones making the decision… they’re just notifying the ones who ARE.

On a different note though, it’s been said quite a lot of times (it’s even in the ToS) that official servers are NOT your personal art gallery… for that you should use a private server which permits that playstyle or single player… Official servers are the “free community transportation” of servers and they need to be shared so if an admin looks at it and it looks like you’re taking up more SPACE than you NEED to… that’s typically when they wipe it.
As for client / server performance… I may be wrong of course, but there’s a good chance I’m slightly better informed about it than you.

2 Likes

Since when is the crevice a point of interest? I have heard people talk about it as a base location for ages. Theres a base there right now on my server (official pvp)

As to the topic: I would look into other reasons first than admin wipe. Not knowing how you built, its hard to say anything more.

Funny how people just jump on the same bandwagon without any substantial evidence…

1 Like

do you know many administrators personally, from official servers? Have you seen their chat or statistics how many bases they erased , and who was spared ? Were you present at this? Can you say with confidence that they are considering and understanding in detail? Or, due to lack of time, they simply erase it, because it is large, it stands where the marker is and it does not matter whether another player can open it. All you said is your personal assumptions.)

and I mean the same thing, it’s just a cave with a hole in the ground, not having a special design or anything other than a marker, not having spawn rare animals or bosses. Compared to her, my base was a tourist attraction hahha

there was no cleaning, the base stood for a long time and nothing happened to it, and then I just walked in, and part of the furniture was left hanging in the air. At first I didn’t understand what was wrong with the server, I thought it didn’t want to load in any way, and then I opened the log and it was a shock, there were messages that it had lost stability.

No, I literally just said above that they don’t have enough time to spend on it to carefully evaluate every aspect…
How do I know this? I don’t need to see their personal chats… .
There are several THOUSAND official servers… and there’s like 5 people administering them all… so how many reports do you think they have to go through in an hour?

They most likely have an internal criteria list based on what they’re wiping… they go through the checklist… if they find ONE matching, they hit the wipe button (and no, I do not think they “log into the game and waltz up to your base and inspect it”, unless they can’t see anything obvious just from the data)

However… it still works in the overwhelming majority of cases… sadly it does have 1-2 false positives… but not many.

If we’re talking about my personal assumptions (which I generally try to limit), but currently based on your attitude and approach I’m almost certain the wipe was well-deserved… but should you prove me wrong I’ll happily change my mind.

So here’s the thing, while bans and wipes themselves are not meant to be discussed on these forums - so this thread is almost guaranteed to be locked and hidden as soon as a moderator spots it…

If you truly have no clue why you were admin wiped, you could’ve spent all this time providing some form of evidence… See when Codemage above mentioned Kikigirl… the reason he’s sure it must have been a “false positive” wipe is because Kikigirl actually spent some time providing as much evidence as they could and nobody on the forums could even hazard guess why the ban happened…

I asked you above to maybe post some pictures of your base… :man_shrugging: It would have been a much nicer discussion trying to figure out the cause with all those people above, instead of you getting defensive because you don’t like the rules…

And who knows… maybe your base WAS completely nice and tidy and you were wiped “accidentally”, but we’ll never know unless we get more than a “I don’t like the rules” - which is essentially what you’ve been saying so far… So far Funcom reviewed it and no matter how flimsy of a job they did, they deemed that you violated the rules… and I’m pretty sure their decision no matter how superficial, is still a thousand times more accurate than anything we can currently hazard guess on the forums based on the information you put forward so far…

2 Likes

I just think it’s time for the administration to make clear rules. 1)Define content blocking, content blocking when another player does not have access or when he has, but he needs to climb on or under your building, for example. If the building is on a marker, but another player can open it, is it a lock? 2) give clear wording about the places where it is not being built 3) give clear wording on the size of the base (the number of blocks and the territory occupied by it) 3) about the objects being placed 4) introduce a warning system, with a delay of several days, so that the player can remove the building, move it. Without these clear formulations and warnings, the rules look rather vague, and all the actions of the administration look more like punitive. I want the administration to become more open and cooperate with the players in my favorite game, then the players will be more willing to cooperate with it. But I repeat once again, given my legal education, punishing someone according to such vague rules, without specifics, is more likely to be negative. The rule for servers is the law, and the law should be clearly formulated and not devoid of specifics.
the fact that the rules are written terribly and according to them, in theory, you can erase almost anyone, any base. Because there is no information about blocking, about places, about the size of the base, and so on. There is nothing concrete there, and when there is nothing concrete, then anyone can be punished in theory. And we are talking about official servers , it is not necessary to give an example of friends and private servers .

From the above, I fully support an early warning system!! I think pretty much everyone here agrees.

Block limits are a bit more sketchy, that’s been discussed endlessly, but basically the jest of it is that you can claim a huge land just with a handful of blocks while someone could build a castle upwards and not bother anyone

(as a side-note: building pieces themselves cause a very minor performance impact, most performance hit comes from placeable objects so most “building size” bans on officials happen not due to the number of blocks, but the size of the area claimed)

Some form of a dynamic decay system could solve some of the overbuilding (there’s been several iterations, there’s a system I suggested a while back too that would tie it to the purge internal counters - not the meter itself to measure activity and gather “decay score” also allowing decay to apply to your main building last). But yea, area limiting is way more viable than block counting.

As for the legal parts of it… here’s the thing… why do you think we have courtrooms and judges and trials and lawyers and all that jazz?.. With “too clear” rules, there’s still going to be people who misinterpret them…

You’ll also get the ones looking for loopholes or the ones who push right up against the “limit” that the rule allows and even thou they’re being obnoxious and detrimental to the server community, they’ll play “lawyer” and argue they’re not “breaking” any rules… forcing the rules to become even more strict or some other reaction…

I believe the fact that Funcom rules are vague is very much intentional… (I also assume their internal checklist based on which they evaluate is actually much more strict, they just don’t share that for the above reasons)

But… the bottom line is this… These servers are provided by them free of charge and they have a set of rules on them, it is a private company and being on the servers is not a right… it’s a privilege they can revoke at any point in time for any or NO reason whatsoever… So at the end of the day, while it would be nice to govern them in a way that makes players happy… they can make up whatever rules they’d like and ban anyone for anything just like private server owners.

Generally thou their approach is that they define their servers as these “stuff as many players into it as possible” boxes and whenever someone has a playstyle that doesn’t match with that concept, they don’t ban them as “punishment” but rather to encourage them to play somewhere else as their playstyle doesn’t match with the servers they’re trying to run. They don’t think of them as “bad rulebreaking people”. (this part is from posts made by staff over the years)

1 Like

Yep indeedy! A good advert for moving on over to a convenient private server on which the Admins are mega-base friendly. And Decay switched off. And happy with a ton of lagganisations with all the mega-vanity bases.

1 Like

From any point of view, punishing someone without clear rules is completely absurd. Based on their rules, almost any decision can be appealed, because there is nothing in the rules, they rather look like a sketch of an amateur who decided to make his own server. Rather than laws for the official server of a large company. And all punishments eventually acquire a character: because they decided so. And about the free servers, what kind of free servers are they? if you need to buy a game to play there, you need to buy content to have it on the server.

Yes, however you are not paying for a service, there is no subscription, and this isn’t even like idk… Overwatch or something where the servers are built into gameplay and are required so they’re a “given”

The game is completely playable without any server and when buying the game (if you read the EULA), you’re actually paying for a license to use the software (the game) - there is no mention of servers.

The servers are provided by Funcom as a “bonus” though… in fairness they’re of very poor quality and it would be nice if they upgraded them somehow, especially now with more money flowing in.

As for the “punishing” stuff, no matter how the rules look… it’s the ones we have atm and they’re really not that hard to follow, but it requires knowing about them and understanding the concept they seem to encourage (only take up as much space as you absolutely need and try to have the least impact on content etc.) so they essentially encourage a very “minimalist” approach.

And while it is essentially a punishment at the end of the day since obviously players won’t appreciate their base being wiped and account being banned, they make it clear that they are just revoking your official server access, they do not take any action against your Funcom account otherwise (unlocked BP stuff etc) OR your game license in any way, so you can keep playing with all your unlocked stuff on other servers / single player

1 Like

Btw, I’m not some “evil person blindly defending the rules” here… There’s some things I don’t like about them either and there’s a lot of other things Funcom does that I’m not too big of a fan of…

However in this case, I realize just how much the lack of rules can ruin everybodies fun… Games like these where you can directly manipulate the world with building and blocking things etc, they’re just too powerful to be left in a “wild west” state.
And a very very large portion of players seems to not know when something’s enough :stuck_out_tongue: They hoard and hoard and build and hoard more and build way more… and they never remove anything because “art”
A little “maybe I can get away with this” here… and little “I’ll add a new building to my base” there… and the state of official servers are absolutely ridiculous…

I made a character a few months ago on a random official server… this is what’s waiting literally as you get out of the spawn zone:

The other direction was the same… closed off… had to swim to get around and these were just the mild ones as the server was full of stuff.
I made a 1x1 shack… logged out… never logged in since :stuck_out_tongue: And keep in mind this is WITH the rules and the example above is not even one of the worst

1 Like

that’s where you’re wrong, the current rules don’t give you any guarantees unless you live in a house the size of a doghouse. Otherwise, you are not protected from the word at all, you have built a base, you have interfered with someone and your base is not there. And as for the buildings on the map, I would like an empty map - I would create a single-player game. On the contrary, I always call my friends to live closer to me.

you are right, and the funny (well in fact sad thing) is that 80% of servers are empty because no players, so the guy that has a problem because he come on one of the 3 servers that are populated has a problem because other people that are playing for long time before the guy joined and so have a base that match their playing time is just behind any uinderstanding. if you want play on empty map, join an empty server or create private player, if you want interact with others join a populated server and understand that this server is here for long time, and is not here to serve you, so you adapt to situation of server, . if you are on pvp you have all tools to conquer and erase any base (especially with game balance now totally broken and when a solo player can do 1000 bombs per day in short time, without talking of gods that are here since day 0), and if you are on a pve well and if the spot you want to build on, is occupied, simply swith to another server to find the one with the spot empty.

I do agree with you that Funcom needs to have clear rules regarding moderation of bases on official servers.

As to the topic however, you are not providing arguments in favor of your case that this was an admin delete. What you are saying is pure conjecture.

I say this from experience that I have never heard of admin deletion of bases in the EU servers that I have been on. Not one. I have 1541.8 hours in Conan. I dont say that admin deletes don’t exist, I merely doubt that it was the case until I’m proven otherwise.

Hi @Shlepa

Feel free to reach out to our team over on Zendesk as they will be able to look into your account further.