The Cursed Wall

Lol I was on my phone while running one day , telling my friends how I had finally got my silent legion set walked past that wall and I’ll tell you what that was the last time I’ve remotely went close to the wall. I think you should just be aware that’s all I mean it’s pretty obvious when you see big black totem statues everywhere.

1 Like

That said the suggestion of an ominous hum to the wall would probably be useful for the visually impaired, and swimmers with a bad sense of direction. As well as anyone in first person with the camera facing the wrong way… (We don’t need to be told that it will kill us, just that it’s there and communicating that info through multiple senses would probably be a good idea…)

4 Likes

True. But when I see glowing green stuff. Im like…danger. Also considering how long it was I knew in my Vendhyan heart that it was not to be messed with.

1 Like

An ominous hum is definitely the best way to warn someone of danger:

1 Like

I would love a more solid colour to it, I have a hard time seeing it, so I just stay well away from it

1 Like

Yeah I thought it was. Now I’m conditioned to think that green means death, as in the case with the new War Maker’s Sanctuary dungeon (there’s green wall in there).

1 Like

There is an island right next to the wall that has thralls on it. I usually run out of stamina before I can get to it, so I swim to the island right next to it, regen my stamina, then swim to that island.

Doing that puts you right up against the green wall. One little lag spike and there is a huge chance you are passing through that wall.

2 Likes

I wonder why the cursed wall has to specifically kill the characters. Why isn’t it nudging us backwards for example, like a boxing ring, or give us a timer and only then kills us if we stay there when the time’s up.

1 Like

from the official funcom comic the dude who cross it burst in flame.
Why don’t we burst in flame ? T_T
FUNCOM MAKE US BURST IN FLAME !!

5 Likes

I still think it should just do damage (that ignores god mode) to our characters instead, specifically 10% of our max health per second.

1 Like

That would be better than the current situation. Huge theatrical dimension makes it also pleasing to watch.

2 Likes

That would work as a timer of sorts too.

2 Likes

There you are !
I wan’t this in game

5 Likes

Now THAT IS FREAKING COOL!!! :orange_heart: :orange_heart: :orange_heart: :orange_heart: :orange_heart:

1 Like

Add the wilhelm death scream to the fire explosion and I’d be happy! :smiley:

I like the death wall with no warning popup. I like the experimentation and discovery. I do like the idea of a humm noise though. Fleshes the barrier bit more.

1 Like

OK… A simple popup isn’t a lot to ask or that it be a DOT and something a bit more informative than just BANG! You’re dead.

If you’re calling people names because they’re asking for a more informative system than you are, in fact, being an asshat. You don’t have to agree with it but you have to accept that people find the existing situation it a little less than helpful on occasion.

2 Likes

In his defense, he is a rather nice fellow. Just misunderstood is all.

2 Likes

Right when you start the game the journal next to you has a narration of the writer who explains how he is going to commit suicide by running through the green wall.

4 Likes

Well, as the lava does not one shot you anymore (at least to some guy from reddit), the green wall should behave the same.
But will insta kill you, if you go to far in it…

My friend kinda fell behind the wall, because he slipped down somewhere. You cannot get your loot and then he stopped playing…
Thats a thing for many PvE players. When they cannot retrieve their gear anymore, many get upset and stop playing.

Sure when you play long enough, you wouldnt mind it (or PvP), because you have enough resources or enough legendaries 2 or 3 times.

And with the new black-blood tools, I also find that the green wall near the Bin Yakins cave/seal is sometimes to transparent/see-through…

1 Like

Yes, it is. It’s an unnecessary feature that is redundant and adds more unnecessary coding for a few players that can’t get the point of being careful around the edges of the map. There is a MAP available to all players, a green shimmering wall, and giant fence posts to tell you not to go there. Even the map rooms show the fence posts.

Again, my point is that players need to be more aware of their surroundings. (Good life lesson too - Get off your phones). Players need to learn to make adjustments not make the game adjust to you.
I’m not being an “asshat” because your feelings are hurt by the truth.

Name calling? I never called anyone a name. I described the character type of a player and if your feelings are hurt from that…well, you might be that type of player. Sorry, but it’s a reality. Players that suggest something needs to be changed because something is difficult is, by definition, weak. A strong player will learn from these issues and adapt. That’s what makes a player good. Bringing up issues like this is just silly and nonsensical when there are things that truly need to be fixed like thralls not fighting or a dozen other issues that don’t actually work they way they’re supposed to.

1 Like