The framerate drops to 37-40 FPS for a few seconds regardless of the graphics settings you set

Basic Info:

Platform: Steam
Issue Type: Framerate
Game Mode: Single Player
Server Type: PvE
Map: Exiled Lands
Server Name: offline
Mods: none

Bug Description:

The framerate drops to 37-40 FPS for a few seconds regardless of the graphics settings I set.
I tried setting the graphics to low and the resolution to 720p, but it still drops from around 450-350 FPS to only 40 FPS, this is really an annoying bug.
I’m monitoring the frequencies and FPS with Riva Tuner, I don’t have any frequency drops and the temperatures are below 60°C, so it’s not a problem with my PC.
I had done a clean install also deleting all the game files before the last update.
I tried updating all the drivers.
I have repaired the game several times and nothing has changed.
I tried deactivating all mods, deleting the Saved folder and starting a new game, but the bug is still there.

Bug Reproduction:

My testing area is north of H-8.
Running in circles and entering and exiting shallow water triggers the bug, it can also happen in other circumstances, but this is the method that causes it to occur most often.
Edit: the bug happens but less often even when wearing the weapon or tool; while extracting resources; etc…
I’m trying to see if this bug also happens in G-4/G-3, but it doesn’t seem like it.
It doesn’t happen in G-9 either.

I won’t test further in other places, the bug seems to only happen in H-8, I don’t know if it’s due to the latest update because I started a new game and created the base in this location right after updating.
I reported the problem to you and I hope you fix it if possible. Now I will restore the backup save and change the location of the base, I have no other choice.

Greetings Blumineon!
Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to our forums.

In order for us to properly assess your issue, please give us the following information:
1 - Is this also happening in an Official Server?
2 - Is this issue truly only occurring on H-8?
3 - Can you please share with us a screenshot of your base in that area?
4 - If you attempt to start a new single player and go to that location, does the issue occur as well?

We’ll be waiting for your reply!

1- I don’t think it’s appropriate to join an official server and go so far and risk dying several times, this would be something you should do.
2- I teleported to several areas in admin mode and it seems that the problem only exists in H-8, but I can’t be 100% sure because the map is very large.
3+4- No base, as I explained before the problem also exists with a New Game with 0 buildings, 0 equipment and 0 game progress and I also deleted the Saved folder.

I also made a video: Conan Exiles H-8 area lag issue (2023-12-19) (youtube.com)

Singleplayer: I noticed a single 40fps drop for a few seconds near The Sinkhole and al-Merayah, but it’s not as bad as in H-8.

On the official server #1027 PvE the problem doesn’t seem to exist in H-8, I only notice small and rare moments of framelag, but not a serious drop in framerate.
I tried both with Low graphics and with Ultra graphics.

I have been quite detailed, I made a video, I also tested on one of your servers while dying from wild animals, I dedicated my time to you and I am waiting for a response.
I don’t know if this is something you want to fix, however if there is some setting in the .ini files or something else to avoid this problem I would like to know.

I built a new base and discovered another place with the same problem, obviously the problem is also there with a new save with 0 game progress

Hey, since you’re on single player and PC and such you can use mods, I’m curious if the fps problems all the way up north are related to the PvE siege castle.

People have been requesting I make a mod to get rid of the new Siege fort at Al’Merayah… so I’ve gone ahead and done just that.
Personally I don’t use it since I didn’t have huge issues with it, however people have been saying that it’s helping with their fps problems elsewhere.

Figured in case you want to try it, that might help your report here since you could point to a specific cause :man_shrugging: or depending on how much you like the new siege encounter, in case you’re not a fan of it then it might also be a temporary solution for you till Funcom tweaks it a bit.
It would definitely be a bit weird if it affected you all the way up north in a single player game… but stranger things have happened before :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I tested it and it works, in any place where I had a drop to 40 fps even very short now it no longer has this problem.
I hope they will make an official fix as soon as possible, but at least now I can play more peacefully.
Thank you very much.

Oh wow… so it’s indeed the Al’Merayah fort influencing the FPS even up there :scream_cat:

I’m sure that’s useful information for HighSaint thou. It’s quite far away and single player has a bit of a limited server so I didn’t expect it to be the culprit.

In any case, glad it worked, it was a bit of a longshot :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.