The Funcom Launcher will not start or continue the game even after reinstall 02/22/2022

Game mode: Launcher
Type of issue: Crash/Error
Server type: All (Launcher)
Region: North America
Mods?: Yes
Edition: Steam Build ID 8230710

Bug Description:

Everything was working fine the day before yesterday, and many days before that. No system / software changes. Went to launch Conan Exiles and noticed a very brief update

The Funcom Launcher will not start or continue the game.
I get this error " the application failed to launch the game, please restart the launcher and try again or launch the game manually from its installation directory."
I have tried restarting the launcher and Steam several times with the same error as above.

I have tried launching the game manually from its installation directory.
I get this error “Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.”
I did a repair on the Steam Library Folder, no change to the above issues.

My game is set to auto update and according to Steam the Build ID is 8230710.
I have verified the integrity of the game files. Same issues as above.
I have cleared my download cache in Steam. Same issues as above.

I uninstalled and reinstalled through Steam. Same issues as above
I went through all above procedures again and I am still having the same issues.

Installed Mods:

This was what the server I was playing on had me install before I did the uninstall and reinstall. I have not been able to Launch the game to see if they are still ‘installed’ or not.

Epic and diverse music
Less Building Placement Restrictions -v7.4.1
Pickup+
Pippi - User & Server Management - v3.8.10
LitMan Increased Weight
The Age of Calamitous
Exposed Armor HD - Released 2020!
Fasionist v4.2.3
Emberlight 3.3.0
Aquilonian Females

Steps to Reproduce:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. Please be as detailed as possible; the more details, the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

Step 1 Start Steam

Step 2 Launch Conan Exiles through Steam launcher

Step 3 Funcom launcher starts

Step 4 Click start or continue and get “the application failed to launch the game, please restart the launcher and try again or launch the game manually from its installation directory.” error.

Step 5 Retry from Step 2, same error

Step 6 Open \Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles

Step 7 Run ConanSandbox.exe and get “Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.” error

Step 8 Close Steam

Step 9 See Steps 1 - 7

Hello, could you please try removing all of the mod files from the Conan Exiles folder and then reinstalling the game again?

No Change in symptoms after deleting the mods folder (which was empty) and reinstalling through steam.

Hello again, could you help me with one last question, is the game installed on your C: drive or another drive? We were able to solve this issue by moving the install to C: in some older cases.

I still got your report and relayed the information but could you at least try this if the game isn’t on your C: drive already?

It is not installed on my c: currently. I did not think that would be an issue so i didnt mention it. I will give it a try and let you know of success/ failure.

Sadly no change in symptoms after uninstalling on e: and reinstalling on c:.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.