The game runs worse on the PS4 Pro!

Game mode: Online and Single Player
Problem: Invisible enemies, disappearing resources upon collection, rendering issues.
Region: United States

My wife and I play together on our relatively fast internet (no issues in any games). I have a PS4 Pro and she has a standard PS4, but for whatever reason, my version runs much worse on both the Single Player mode and the Online servers. Since we play side-by-side, we can see the issues are exclusive to my console.

So for the issues, whenever I attempt to collect a resource (from trees, nodes, rocks, etc) they disappear after the first hit. I have to walk away and wait for the sound of my axe hitting the resource to register (about 5-15 seconds) and then I can walk about as it reappears to collect the resource. It gets very cumbersome. Meanwhile, my wife does not have this issue. While I have twice the amount of grass that she does, I have 10x the amount of bugs. For example, she is being attacked by a pack of wolves and is calling for help, I run to her aid only to see a hovering sword, but nothing else. A few seconds later she’s dead and the wolves, also invisible, are destroying me from all angles. By the time I reappear, the wolves teleport to the location they are actually at and I die.

Really frustrating. Its unfortunate that I have not seen Funcom address this.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Play on PS4 Pro
4 Likes

I have exactly the same set up wife on standard me on a pro same thing adding to that if my wife goes to our largest base after 10mins of si she blue screens an crashes the game everytime gave u had this happen at all mine never does it but suffers more frame rate drops then she does

1 Like

My wife and I have 2 ps4 1tb slim we play next to each other and we don’t see the same things either her char. Dancing down stairs hands in air look over to her screen that is not what is going on. No wonder we can’t find each other when needed

2 Likes

same problem here.

me and two friends… two ps4 pro’s and one standard. me and my friend with the pro have many issues. its almost unplayable. please fix this! or at least give us some feedback that you are aware of this problem

3 Likes

I have put a post almost weekly for about a month all im asking for is confirmation that ps4 across the board needs to b optimized an that it’s in the works don’t have to have a for sure date just yes funcom is aware an actively pursuing fixes I’ll b happy

1 Like

Game mode: [Online | Singleplayer]
Problem: [Crash | Bug | Performance | Misc]
Region: [Here]

New day, new Topic…

serously, why dont we get an answer? it cant be that hard to fix that problem…

1. Test your game properly
1 Like

Game mode: [Online | Singleplayer]
Problem: [Crash | Bug | Performance ]
Region: everywhere

Please fix the PS4 Pro performance issues. There are so many people complaining about this. Why dont we even get an answer?

1. Play the game on PS4 Pro
4 Likes

Dido

1 Like

Hey there,
We are aware of the problems running on the PlayStation4 Pro systems. It is in fact one of our top priority issues right now. We understand the frustration this situation can create, and we are working hard to get it fixed in the near future. On the meanwhile, and as a general code of etiquette, we would like to ask you to keep any conversation regarding this issue on this topic and not create any new ones. Thank you!

Cheers.

1 Like

Well he got your attention finally maybe creating more topics separately will get your attention more often it seems to actually fix things that have been going on for months now.

2 Likes

This is the first and only topic I have created to all those who are wondering.

To Ignasis, thanks for the reply and that is a very promising thing to hear.

2 Likes

It was your first topic, but there were hundreds of them, and none was ever answered. I’m glad to see that something is happening now.

Another issue I’m frequently noticing is running into structures but on my end it shows me as being at a different place. I have to have people on base PS4s having no issue tell me which way to walk. Then I have to reset the game to fix this issue until it happens again. Pretty big sync issue.

Hey NoseClams,

Would it be possible for you to upload a clip of this issue you’re experiencing so I can send it to our team?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Cheers

Ignasis,

I can definitely do that. The next time I play I’ll record some of the gameplay and I can also record (on my phone) a side-by-side comparison of the base PS4 outperforming my PS4 pro.

Thanks for keeping up with this issue!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.