The importance of an elected player admin with a single 200 hour banning power per month on official PvE

No.
I like watching the seasons change around me. I do not move nor waver. They say when the wind of change comes, some people build walls, other’s build windmills. And this is what I am. A windmill standing against the wind, harnessing it.

The day admins will be instated, is the day Star Citizen will be released, and you will be nowhere to be found to answer for your lack of faith.

So… I join your clan, then act like a huge pain when you guys are offline and manage to get the entire clan banned? That seems like a way to encourage griefinh instead of discouraging it. Seriously, people will try to get whole clans banned just for the laughs.

As for flagging… Look if Funcom does not have the resources to admin the servers, then flags won’t matter. You need people to review the flags and sort through the junk/bitter flags. And there will be junk/bitter flagging. It always happens. People, especially in a game where they ate anonymous, will abuse a flagging system.

As for the whole refuse to bend or change… Well… Let’s talk about what truly defines griefing in this game… I woukd agree real life threats and verbal harassment is ban worthy. Completely walling off the the desert is bannable. But walling am obalisk off, staking a large land claim… Eh, such is life even on PvE. Who’s to say i am wrong or right? Funcom maybe,but not anyone else. We are all but players in Funcom’s sand box.

If you want to not be banned as a clan, you add people by invitation only, after having watched him or her for no less than 1 month.

If that person quit… he/she was never worth it. If h/she becomes a griefer, that’s how long they need to show their true colors.

Any clan that invites someone without first knowing him or her, deserves to be banned along with that person.

As for refusing to bend? It’s the reason I secured all the oblisks on my server with anti-griefing volumes and built public maprooms to ensure harmony, before anyone even had the idea of frakking with it. It’s also the reason why that Fotzengeschossener Griefer is playing on an unofficial server right now, instead of showing his danm backside on our server for logner than an hour.

Not bending over is the whole danm point of CE. Haven’t you read the memo?

Just because the exiled lands is so crazy, doesn’t mean it has to be this way.

See, what I deem as griefing is someone using the system against itself. To wall someone’s base in with crenelated walls… How can you say “that’s life in PvE”. Something’s not right if you are really ok with that.

1 Like

What you propose is not a change but a subversion of what exists. May be hard for you to hear but its the guts and bones of what you are trying to do to a core game state on official servers.

Like I said, … if official servers are to hard for you to play try a private and customize it to your game style. - god mode for you awaits to your hearts content.

Go test your theory on a private server and report back how it went and what you learned then present the argument. Make your case with concrete proof using a private server first.

Put your money where you mouth is on this one idea.

What I learned is that tweaking the settings to easy makes the game pointless to play.
Being an admin makes the game feel fake.
Having godmode makes the game pointless.
Having an unofficial server costs money.
Playing alone feels lonely.
Playing with others runs the risk of getting into a REALLY obnoxious PvE fight, but me being me, I’ll have more friends than enemies.
Playing on official server feels real, and it’s easy. But one will eventually run into the risk of it being unplayable because of others.

If you want me to accept this, I will accept it, because Fallout 76 is starting in 2 hours.

You are right. This is what you want to hear, isn’t it?

Well guess what.

I’ll keep playing official server because it’s fun. But I will also keep fighting for official servers to be brought up to par with the times, until I hear from the devs that this is not possible, not from you. Until then, you can be demeaning all you like.

I’d rather hope and be disappointed, then bend over like you.

All i’ve ever seen you do is disagree and make others think CE is a lost cause.
But you never even once offered a solution. So unless you have something useful to say, I am going to ignore you, because you are a downer and your crimping my cool.

2 Likes

geeez can you not do anything but personally attack when your stuff goes sideways? - sad really.

Very subtle.

These little baits. Your good.

Fill out this form and send it to Funcom.

Hurt feelings report

So sorry i disrupted a post you worked on all weekend before putting it up.

Hehehehe

I actually feel better, now that you’ve confirmed yourself a genuine troll.

You actually taught me something about myself: I’m an easy target because of my passion.
You added to my Zen :slight_smile:

halnaker_windmill

I think its quite possible a player become a official server admin, it can be doe with some minor changes in the admin tool:

1. There should be implemented some kind of in game ticket feature, players could use this tool to report illegal building and harassment to the admins.
  2. Admin players can only demolish structures, they cant spawn anything, they cant spawn resources, mobs, anything. The only real and serious threat on officials are griefers and hate build / blockades.
  3. In case of illegal building these admins should also have a ingame tool to screenshot and report to Funcom for instructions. If Funcom allows intervention the admin would have rights to demolish the blockade/hate building and send a new screenshot report to Funcom. All admin action should be logged so Funcom can make sure they are demolishing the right structures.
  4. In case of harassment admins could also use this tool to report griefers and let Funcom decide their fate with the proof they can provide.
  5. Maybe admins could be allowed a second character, so they can have a ‘normal life’ in the server they choose to play.

With some new tools and roles I think its quite viable have player admins, they would serve as the bridge between Funcom and the community.

1 Like

You really, really need to stop pushing this because it is never going to happen. And a FYI, alts are free. You can share your Steam games with multiple accounts so people returning on alts has no effect on income for Funcom or the servers. None.

Yeah no worries… I played Fallout 76 BETA last night. No need to push the issue anymore. lol.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.