The riddle of Steel DLC missing content

Greetings and salutations fellow exiles, so I don’t know about you but I am super excited about the Conan riddle of Steel DLC pack. So much so that I did a video on it. I don’t know what they had to do to get the licensing for the movie worked out. But I think this has a secondary effect hopefully they’ll end up making Conan The King, now Arnold been wanting to do it for a while. Back to my original topic. Is a few more items I wish they would have added. Or at least come up with another riddle of Steel weapons pack. I would really like to see you the following items. I don’t know if you’ve noticed but I’m a huge Conan the Barbarian fan.

The father’s sword, as a one-handed sword
The broken father’s sword as a dagger
The Atlanta sword
The bow that the archery uses
Conan King Armor

The tree of Woe. How could you not have the tree of Woe in a DLC. It’s one of the most iconic scenes of the movie. Whoever came up with the items for the DLC is not a true fan there an imposter and then them selves should be place on the tree of Woe. And contemplate are bad decisions.

The tree of Woe also needs to be able to be interactive oh, like you could put a carpenter thrall on it and it would display as somebody being crucified

Also some of the standards and flags.
In Conan they have the Tower of set. I would like some ornamental fencing. They can use the same 3D models and messing’s as existing fencing. But instead it would be the serpent Set pieces the same art styling. As The Fountains I really like that art style and Design.

Also I would like the warpaint to actually gets that. It can be a little bit but just a little bit extra encumbrance, agility, and survivability

sword set armoer

7 Likes

I was asking for movie related stuff a year ago, so am stoked it’s here, but more armour and weapon options would be nice - I mean I love the film, but how many statues of Arnie?

4 Likes

Yeah there are several items which I think should also be included in this pack BrokenFang. Conan’s fathers sword and Valeria’s Valkyrie armour are the two most noticeable absences for me. You can find more about this subject on my thread hete if you are interested.

1 Like

Hey, I noticed me and you often post similar topics. I wonder if it’s got something to do with their age or if it’s more our understanding of the game definitely similar. We both had the crom thread, and also the lacking riddle of Steel DLC, and I think there are a couple others also that we’ve posted topics on. Very interesting

I kind of got the vibe that they were more stuff they wanted to add. But they had to cut it short and just published what they had available in time to meet the anniversary date. Because there’s a sack icon, and if you mouse-over it says fighting pit when you go to The Artisan bench. Their attention to detail is horrible they have a hard time prioritizing, managing tooltips, and working out systems.

Also I think I remember you saying that you played on a single player. Non server Duty internet issues. The experience is completely different. One of it is the persistent world, how do you get around that

I have noticed that too BrokenFang. Well they say that the great minds of the world think alike. :wink: But I think that we both just share a love of the movie and a passion for all things Crom.

I know that in his rundown of the Dev Stream Multigun stated that their were more weapons coming soon, but they were pretty well under wraps. Im keeping my fingers crossed that some more weapons from the movie will be in there, and that Funcom being the awesome peoples they are, just didnt want to charge us for such iconic weapons. Im only theorising of course, but heres hoping. I REALLY want Conans fathers sword!!

1 Like

I stand firmly with you brother! And you BrokenFang! I NEED the Father’s sword.

Something pretty I found…

4 Likes

I hope your’e right about the fathers sword @Croms_Faithful I need that in my life lol
@Necro that picture gives me an awesome idea for religious shields with the icons of all the gods that reduce corruption for the bearer, Even Crom’s followers could benefit from them as it’s not the god protecting them but there faith in their god warding off the corruption.

In game this could be the removal of light corruption and downgrading heavy corruption down to light when the shield is equip?

3 Likes

As an axe and shield wielder I TOTALLY APPROVE! Man they can do so much with that. Unique and interesting shield shapes for each religion…great potential.

I know Crom is a point of much discussion, but I think all religions could get a bit more love, like the armors either looking crap and being useless or just being useless.

2 Likes

Heck Yeah! And as a proud owner of the Conans Atlantian Sword from the game launch package, id PAY for a better one for sure!

So here’s my two cents:

1. Put Conans sword and his father’s sword into some dlc, and the main bad henchmen’s giant hammer too.

2. Make them as strong as star metal weapons

3. Have a 1 handed and a 2 handed version of each

And I gotta say i love the tree of woe idea, maybe make it a new skin for the wheen of pain?

2 Likes

And I’m pretty sure conans fathers swotd is called the draco-something or other

1 Like

I’d gladly pay for a DLC that gave all religions a shield that functioned as above and also an epic variant of the religious armours that gave the same benefits as the shield (only if the whole set is worn) that stacks with the shields so if we look like a walking totem of our religion we are immune to all corruption.

This would mean making all the current religious armour sets have 5 pieces and creating sets for the religions that don’t have any, for Crom they could make an altar of sorts in the form of a Blacksmith bench with a forge that functions as a both with no avatar or bubble so there is no involvement from Crom himself.

3 Likes

So first atalant sword is in the game i think for all thet buyed the game too release of may 8 and the conan kinhg armor is in for all that buyed the game in the early acsess time

Agree. This DLC seems incomplete.
If this is a tribute to the classic saga, why that lack of armors and weapons that any Conan fan would recognize?

2 Likes

I have provided a bit more detail about each of these in my own thread. Going to add a link for the benefit of any yet to see it.

Oh hell yes please to Conan’s fathers sword. And Thorgrim’s Warhammer. And finally, dont forget Valeria’s sexy Valkyrie armour (What she wears in ghost form).

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.