Thrall: How to adjust the thrall behavior

Hi.

I play on a server with purges and built a base in a lake. Now I want to move ashore.

My new base is round and has an additional edge made of foundation on which I placed archer. So that the thralls don’t run off the foundations, I put them behind a fence.

Now I have experienced a first purge and the archer did not fire at any attackers. Only my three melee fighters defeated the attackers.

What is the correct setting for the archer?

Why don’t they shoot over the fences anymore?

Here a screenshot:

BTW: How to make a screenshot? F12 doesn’t work anymore …

Akkadian Warrior

For archers is best to set them in Guard this position, Defend this spot or something like that instead of prioritize melee or ranged. That makes them fight on the spot without moving, thus, just shooting without trying to kite or running towards the enemy. You can then set target and chase distance as highest as possible. As long as the enemy is away, it will shoot if it has line of sight (use crenelations if they are higher than targets); and if the enemy gets close enough, it will use melee weapons.

1 Like

Hi.

I have only equipped the archer with bows so far. If I put them in ‘Guard this Position’ they use both bows and melee weapons?

And best is to change the fences into the crenelated wall?

Thank you. I will check this.

Akkadian Warrior

if you equip just a bow they will use only that. The thing about set it to defend this position is that they don’t move from where you place it and “simply shoot” if there is line of sight.
From what I found:
Prioritize Melee = Thrall moves toward target
Prioritize Range = Thrall kites target up to bow’s max range. Most of the times the Thrall will self-block its line of sight and move more than it shoots. Works very bad if you have them in balconies with room for them to move.
Defend this position = As soon as it gets a target, it will stand still and just fight from there.

1 Like

Defend Position, range and chase same number, and then choose attack anything if you want them to start the second an enemy is in ragne. or guard area if you want them to only start shooting if enemy does damage within the range of the thrall.
for distances I use 50 if i am not hiding the base, 10-15 if hiding the base.
With this setting, so far with minimal testing, they use bow until target gets too close, then switch to melee.

hope this helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.