Three issues I've seen since patch

Game mode: [ Online private ]
Type of issue: [ Performance ]
Server type: [ PvP ]
Region: [ West Coast U.S.]

Issue 1 - Ping spikes when player is near large buildings

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Do anything near large base
  2. Note lag spikes at frequency of about once per minute. Server/client ping jumps from 60ish to 300+ Play gets “hitchey”

This was not an issue prior to the last update.

++++
Issue 2
++++

Following thrall gets stuck and will not properly follow player

1. put thrall on follow
  2. Runs somewhere
  3. Note, that thrall is not behind you
  4. Call for thrall to return to your position
  5. Note that thrall does not come to your position
  6. Move way far away
  7. Note that thrall may or may not start following the player again

++++
Issue 3
++++

Thrall orders permanently bound to keys

1. Place thrall on follow
  2. Press E key
  3. Note thrall moves to position
  4. Set Command Thrall to Move keybind to nothing or another key
  5. Press E key
  6. Note thrall still moves to a position you are pointing

This may or may not be related to issue 2. I have seen the Command Stop have same issue. It is a problem because the E key may be bound to other actions like interacting with an object. Perhaps this is causing the thrall to stop and not respond to Command Return?

None of these issues were happening prior to the latest bug fix update.

Overall, I am happy with the update. Thanks for the fixes.

4 Likes

Thralls seem to get stuck a lot more often now. I’ve had them get stuck on dead rhino carcass world features (not rhinos I’ve killed, the decorations on the ground that tigers and hyenas eat) quite often.

1 Like

As an update to issue #1 above. The ping spike is apparently “world wide”. In other words, if any player on the serve is near a large building, it creates frequent ping spikes for every player on the server. Therefore, the more players on at one time, the worse this is.

1 Like

Hey @parvoh

Thanks for the feedback and welcome to our community.
We’ve relayed these issues to our team. For future reports, it’d be helpful if you could open a new thread for each issue. We got a few guidelines here:

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.