Throwing weapons not retrievable

Game mode: Online private & Co-op
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: America
Mods?: No
Edition: Steam

Bug Description:

When my friends or I throw spears or throwing axes, we’re given the option to pick up the thrown weapon. When we pick up the thrown weapon, it doesn’t appear in our inventory or hotbar (the greyed out weapon icon remains greyed out), it vanishes from the game. If you try to select the greyed out icon of the weapon, it vanishes.

After testing it further, I’ve noticed you can get the weapon back, but you need to clear the weapon from your hotbar before picking it up… leading me to believe this is a bug. This has been an issue for my friends and I prior to this most recent update.

Expected Behavior:

I expected, once the weapon was thrown you would be able to pick it back up, and for it to take its place back in the greyed out weapon slot ready to be thrown again.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Put throwing weapon on hotbar, equip and throw it at the ground.

2. The weapon will be stuck in the ground, retrievable. The icon of that weapon on your hotbar will be greyed out.

3. Activating the pick up will result in a +1 of that item on the UI, however it will not be added to your inventory or hotbar. Continuing use of the weapon will play animation, but no damage or projectiles will be made. Selecting the hotbar icon will result in it vanishing completely.

Additional. I’ve noticed you can avoid this glitch, if you clear the thrown weapon icon from your hotbar, before activating the pick up. If you do, the item will be properly added to your inventory.

Greetings,

Thank you for your report. We will forward the information to our team.

Please let us know if you find any other issues on our Lands.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.