Platform: Steam
Issue Type: Gameplay
Game Mode: Online Private
Server Type: PvE
Map: Exiled Lands
Server Name: None
Mods: None

Bug Description:

“Toggle sprint” no longer toggles sprint: the key needs to be continually pressed instead of being a toggle

Bug Reproduction:

1: Bind ‘Toggle Sprint’ in movement controls to a key. 2: Start running. 3: Push the ‘Toggle Sprint’ key. 4: Sprint stops as soon as you release the key, instead of being toggled entirely as it was before the hotfix.

5 Likes

Bugged for me as well.

My thumb hurts, unplayable at this point. I have been playing since ps4 times and this is the worst change I remember.

1 Like

It is a bug. Its not intentional.

2 Likes

Same for me. It’s going to force me to stop playing.

2 Likes

Since new patch today the toggle sprint doesn’t work. It is a very horrible bug for controller players as we literally have to shove the joystick down none stop to keep sprinting. Keeps my thumb hurting and can’t be good for joystick longevity. Please hotfix as soon as possible.

2 Likes

Same, just bought game and doing it for me too

Yeah, game is unplayable with a controller at this point! horrible change

1 Like

No it wasnt. Its a bug.

1 Like

C’on F-u-n-c-o-n!!! wth? Nobody asked / wanted this!

Hoping this is just lack of QC and not an intentional removal.

Search following in funcom forum to find my temporarily fix I made for PC:
Temporarily fix for lack of sprint toggle on PC

Take care

ummm… DarthPhysicist is a modder who has been using Unreal Engine 4 to mod the game for years. to say he doesnt understand how it works is… dumb.

next you’ll say the real reason why toggle sprint doesn’t work is because the “woke” developers want to “sabotage” the game as part of some conspiracy.

just keep making new forum accounts and saying the same tired shtick, bud. everyone knows who you are what you are about.

1 Like

Sorry to break your ragebaby, but it’s a bug.

1 Like

please enlighten us on what caused the toggle sprint bug, i would love to hear it from an expert.

also would love to see what you have made in Unreal Engine. it sounds like you are an expert in UE dev and know alot of about the tech.

actual information would be better than vague hints about what you know.

also would love to see what mods you have made in the devkit, since they are so easy and quick to make.

Because I have more information than you. Deal with it.

1 Like

@darthphysicist
It’s not the first time we have this “hold to sprint” on PlayStation. I believe back then you were on Playstation too. So we started talking to each other on chats and change it from Hold to Toggle.
But now, either Hold, either Toggle, works as Hold, so it’s definitely a bug.
That introduced on a hot fix :upside_down_face:
But still a bug!

Yeah stuff like this has cropped up in the past. I am personally a bit of a controller bug hunter/exploit finder myself on pc. Most things aren’t very easy to find but every once in awhile… well… they smack you in the face.

1 Like

Shit happens… For everyone!
I hope they find and solve the issue fast

1 Like

It really seems like they are intentionally trying to kill this game at this point

Same here waiting on a fix to continue playing i play with controller and this bug is bad with controller.