Turtle pet glitches?

So most people would know that pet turtles wander when they are placed in the world and are only really used for decoration, but my friend and I have made a small pen for the turtles so they don’t wander too far and get killed as we are very fond of them. Unfortunately for us nearly every time we spawn in to play at least half the turtles have escaped and are running around our base so we need to quickly run around and collect them to place back in their pen before they get hurt. Does anyone know why this happens? We have definitely made sure that the enclosure should be 100% secure but they continue to glitch out of it to wander. It’s very stressful for us and we have had a few close calls so it would be nice if anyone had any idea on how to prevent our consistent turtle Shawshank attempts.

Just wait 'till they’re in their 40s:

2 Likes

Just a guess here, but Emberlight mod had to add a system for returning animated animals that escaped from their farming pens - I think they explained it had something to do with the order things sometimes spawn in (so basically the turtles might be spawning in and starting to move before the fence spawns in).

1 Like

Yeah that actually makes a lot of sense. Annoying that its not fixable, but thanks for the info :slight_smile:

1 Like

I gave up and accepted that the turtles are too free spirited to remain enclosed within the confines of man

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.