Twitchy "walk mode". (when standing still)

Game mode: [Online | Multiplayer]
Problem: [Bug]
Region: [NA]

The last time I posted a video of this, one of you gave me the impression that you thought it was funny with a snide suggestion of toggling run mode.

This really isn’t funny.

It’s annoying as hell.

I really don’t like to have to toggle run/walk when I’m just moving around in my structure and I really don’t feel like running from one spot to another in my encampment. I don’t really feel like running like a chicken with my head cut off from one node to another when they’re close by.

So, if you can do something about this annoyance or offer me some kind of constructive advice besides telling me to toggle run mode, I’d appreciate it.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:
See the video.

1 Like

Too much caffeine.

Have you tried walking, maybe standing still or do you just RUN EVERYWHERE.

Mostly run everywhere. I stand still while crafting, sorting inventory and stuff and I usually walk in my base instead of run. Why do you ask?

Do you get that twitch too ? If not, I’d like to know what’s the difference between our rigs / graphics cards.

Yes I do.
It’s even worse when standing on stairs.

Thank you. I’m relieved to know I’m not the only one.

Well I wish you were the only one. I don’t like this either. :slight_smile:
I suppose I could wish that nobody had it, but it doesn’t matter because my wishes never come true.

Oh and you’re welcome.

Maybe if we make sacrifices to one of the Dev gods …

From looking at the frequency with which they respond to any report made on here, that may be our only hope.

1 Like

I have it too :smile:

But even with all that twitchy movement, I still find that is great for building stuff near the edges/cliffs… movement is a lot more precise in walk mode…

Is either that or the fact that I’m too afraid of heights :smiley:

EDIT: typo

Crouching works well too. It prevents you from falling off.

Ah! Nice! Didn’t thought about trying that… Thanks for the tip! :slight_smile:

You’re welcome. Enjoy not splattering.

1 Like

As someone playing on a RP server, I can very much emphasize with this. Running may be more efficient if you just want to get from A to B but it’s not quite as immersive when you’re RPing and are around other players. Walking and then switching to run whenever you come to a standstill is really, really annoying.

Yep, agreement here, for RP its really really annoying, and bugs me like hell if someone is shaking like that and I have to see it
The character can stand still with run mode, can’t be so hard to fix.