Untold Stories of The Secret World

SUBMIT LORE

Untold Stories of the Secret World allows user-created lore to be placed in the game world. Lore can be fan fiction, art, music, video, or anything else that can be displayed in the in-game browser. When a player that has the MOD installed is near a designated location, a red “US” icon will appear in the notification area. Clicking the icon will open the lore.

Adding new lore does NOT require the player to download a new version of the MOD. Once I post the lore, it is available immediately to all players running the current version.

There are a lot of talented folks in our community, and plenty of content to draw from. This is a way to highlight that work to more people as they travel around The Secret World. If you would like to submit a lore entry, please reply in this thread (or send me a private message) with the following info:

• Title: The title of the piece (displayed in the browser title bar)
  • Author: The author/artist of the piece ( also displayed in the browser title bar)
  • URL: A link to the lore. I can only link to content. I cannot provide hosting, but plenty of options are available. Linking to fan fiction in a forum post or Google Docs is fine.
  • Location: Describe the location and/or NPC where you would like the lore to be placed. Coordinates would be nice, but aren’t mandatory. TIP: Open Untold Stories from the main menu and scroll to the bottom to see your current coordinates.
  • Teaser: A teaser message can be displayed at the top of the screen the same time the US icon appears. This is optional. Some teaser examples are here and here.

Easy peasy. Just a few common sense rules/tips:

• Install the MOD! :stuck_out_tongue: Once your entry is posted, you’ll want to see how it looks in the game. We also want you to discover lore others have submitted.
  • The in-game browser is nice, but it doesn’t support everything (e.g. Flash). Please make sure your entry can be viewed in-game before submitting.
  • The content needs to relate to locations or NPCs in the game. For example, a sketch of a player’s character doesn’t work, because we have no context for placing the lore in the game world. However, a story featuring that same character interacting with NPCs and locales in the world is perfect.
  • Multiple entries for one location/NPC is fine, but there is a limited number the MOD can support. If I get too many (say more than 4-5), I will have to take on the role of curator and choose from the entries.
  • Placing lore within dungeons/instances is fine, but please provide the playfield ID and coordinates. I may not be able to get to the location myself.
  • For images, I would prefer a direct link to the image or a simple web page hosting it, as opposed to a page with a bunch of links. We want to highlight the artwork, not the surrounding noise. Every author/artist is credited within the mod.
  • YouTube videos work fine, albeit at a low resolution. It looks best if the video supports embedding, but this is limited on some videos due to copyright claims.

Besides the above rules, I will accept just about anything. I look forward to your submissions. Thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes