Update 41 - Server browser not populating and "character lost" issues - Feedback thread

exact :kissing_heart:

It’s frustrating to see that many are having issues, not been able to play, crashing etc etc. I will however tell you what I did, which allow me to play all day today on an Official server with zero issues whatsoever. Nothing. That’s right, I did nothing, why? Cause I downloaded the patch, saw there was an issue with the server list, came to this forums to see if I could figure out what was going on and I saw the storm and simply walk away. I didn’t attempt to continue to log in, I didn’t change any of the code lines, nothing.

See with age comes wisdom, and with wisdom comes patient. Eventually I realized that by trying to force something to happen when I can just simply let it happen at it’s own pace, I save myself the aggravation and frustration most of you are experiencing. I’m not blaming any of you, or even blaming Funcom for that matter, what happened happen and it is what it is. Maybe next time, because we know this will not be the last time, just take a step back, and let time pass by. Give them time to solve it, and you will be playing the game you all seem to love just like I did.

2 Likes

I tried to join my server but i had to create new character and lost all my progress, i went to my base but i couldn’t interact with anything saying that it doesn’t belong to me. does that mean all my progress is gone?

Game mode: Online Live
Problem: | Bug | Performance
Region: America

[Free text]

I am still not seeing my rental server showing in the server list unless I search for it, then it’s duplicated and it shows a ping over 200. If I scroll past the official servers, all the named rentals that do show are duplicated as well. When I tried to log into my Coop, it would put me into my rental server but not in the clan I had formed there until I uninstalled and re-installed for the 3rd time today.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Log into the game
  2. Chose PVE servers
  3. Scroll past Official servers
  4. All servers are duplicated

hello,
i played on server 1017 character : siwalik lvl 60 has disappeared.
I re-create a new character. Could you delete the new (which is lvl 10) and give me back my lvl 60 character on the official server PVE 1017 (save before updating).
TY

You understand I wasnt able to log in to defend? Not because I was busy but because game makers published malfuctioning patch.

Gonna ask again, where do I go to get refund? Not gonna play anymore if I was deleted by badly developed patch which helped my enemies to log in and stopped me from login (ridiculous).

Hey,

I also got touched of several patches and crash issues due to released patches during my over 3k hours playtime. I got angry, sad and disappointed. But still it’s just a game. Sometimes patches breaks more stuff than it fixes if they are not done properly, and properly takes time. Have patience.
If you lost acces to your char, just join another server under meantime and have fun if you so dearly wanna play untill it’s fixed.
As for pvp, only solution without having to bring down the servers as many requiered, just unenabling the raid hours should be enough so that people that can join can still play :slight_smile:

I hope everything works out for everyone.

Have a great Midsummer, Exiles!

2 Likes

Okay I understand that point of view. That´s why I said being upset and mad because of the problems is understandable and I agree with that too. But, as you said, not with insulting.
You are right, most of the players, including me spend a lot of time in CE, some of the them feel responsible because they run their own server and play with friends. So do I :slight_smile:
I totally agree with your last sentence thumbs up

1 Like

Okay so every time I open Conan this message opens up.

ConanSandbox.exe – Application Error
The instruction at 0x400c5073 referenced memory at oxffffffffff. The memoery could not be read.
Click OK to terminate program.

And the title screen will play if I don’t click anything and after that it will shut itself off.
From what I am reading I feel like I am in the same boat as the other Windows 7 users.

Is there anything I can do to just getting working for 5 min while they are making a patch to fix this? I just want to stop my stuff from deteriorating. Or have they extended timers so we don’t have to worry. Because I swear if my stuff is gone I am done, I only have a few hours left, usually I make sure to log on many times a week just to make sure but my time is running out and I don’t know what to do. I don’t mind waiting for a patch but I just want to know if the timers have been turned off, I can’t find any info on this. I am still looking though.

So why it wasnt done? First thing you do after realising the patch was malfunctionig you try to help players and disable raid hours.

But funcom did nothing. Hundreds of people were raided because they couldnt defend themselves. God, they take money for this game, it is not a free game to have management like this.

1 Like

As of 6: AM June 18, I still cannot get connected to my normal server. Ping times are still crazy high (over 180 for all America region official servers), even at this very low traffic time of the day. Has been this way since the patch, over 2 days. I’ve never had the ‘ping too high issue’ before.

Many times when I press the Play Online button, I get an error dialog saying"Lost Online Connection" which is crazy since behind this dialog it is updating the online server list. Takes several attempts to sometimes not get this dialog to show up, but even so, PING’s are crazy high for every server.

Running Conan Exiles revision #229506/25568, 64-bit ConanSandbox. I purchased game via Steam, and normally do not run Steam client app, just launch Conan app from desktop icon. I’ve made sure I’m not running any other apps which might use network bandwidth.

My OS is Windows 8.1 Pro. Memory is 16 GB. AMD A10-7870K Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores running at 3.89 Ghz. AMD FirePro W700 graphics card. I have Gigabit Ethernet hard wired to by high speed DSL modem/router.
(I’ve found I normally get higher performance with Win 8.1 vs Win 10, so I have stuck with it.)

They probably did not think about it at that time, when you get stressed out about something not functioning as intended you focus on solving it. It’s easy that stuff slip your mind and don’t think about certain stuff.

Imagine that you were without internet or power or anything that could cause you to not be online. Who would you ask for your stuff back? Sh*t happens. The sooner you get over the loss the better. Have patience till the hotfix arrives and just gather again, grow strong and strike against the ones that raided you ^^

Stay positive!

1 Like

Les problèmes pour les joueurs sur PS4 on duré du 12 au 15 juin.
Le 16 juin, c’était au tour des joueurs sur PC.
On peut tout naturellement supposer que le 20 ce sera pour ceux qui jouent sur Xbox…
Ca c’est pour les prévisions lol
Plus sérieusement, je comprends que ça ne doit pas être simple, que ce n’est qu’un jeu…

Je ne cautionne pas les propos plus ou moins insultants au niveau du vocabulaire, mais je comprends et partage l’agacement voire l’énervement des personnes alors que nous venons d’entamer un troisième jour sans que les problèmes soient résolus.

Nous ne sommes pas juste des joueurs, nous sommes des clients qui avons payé un jeu qui nous plait, malgré ses imperfections qui hélas sont de plus en plus nombreuses.

En tant qu’admins de serveurs privés, nous amenons aussi à l’entreprise de nouveaux clients qui ont envie de jouer en multi mais préfèrent d’autres réglages et qui achètent également les DLC.

Je ne sais pas si des tests ont été effectués ni comment ils l’ont été, avant la mise en ligne de ce patch qui a tourné au désastre

Ce que je vois, c’est que nous avons droit à une qualité de service qui hélas aujourd’hui n’est pas rendue et ça passe aussi par la communication. Le dernier message sur twitter date d’ il y a 15h…

Les joueurs et admins font preuve d’une grande patience, mais combien de temps encore ?
Les bugs c’est une chose, mais la gestion en est une autre. C’est l’image même de Funcom qui est en jeu, son avenir et l’avenir de ses produits.

Je rejoins l’avis de beaucoup : il aurait été largement préférable d’annuler ce patch, permettre aux gens d’accéder à un service qu’ils ont payé, et de ne le remettre qu’une fois testé en long, large et en travers…

Aviez-vous seulement ce choix ? J’en sais rien. Maintenant, on ne peut que le subir en espérant que ça ne durera plus trop longtemps et que les joueurs les plus impatients et/ou déçus reviendront.

Cordialement.

Joy

In this situation I wouldnt be salty - it happens. But this situation is quite different. Enemy clan on purpose raided us knowing we cant log in. We were defending very long time, they couldnt find a way to erase us. So the minute they found out that there is nobody on the server but only them… they run to our base to take advantage.

I cant find any other pvp game that it would be possible, so I dont want to play anymore, still waiting for refund info from managers.

But they can repair their mistake by making the fix and reverting official pvp servers to the date everyone could play.

If they do not revert so it is fair game for everyone I’m requesting refund .

that’s why many players left because they can’t play, players should be protected against such problems through the fault of the game’s creatures.

and I think that putting updates before turning on security seems to be a misunderstanding of the developers of the game and disregarding the opinions of players who were

I hope the release time for the update is not 23:59

4 Likes

Die stechen doch in der gegend rum als zu Wiessen was wirklich los ist Frag mich eh wie das passieren kann Testen die nicht so ein Update nicht.Viele Server sind die Spieler runter nur so ein mist

1 Like

:grinning: Glad I could help!!

1 Like

our server is still showing twice and no matter which one i click on it wont load i can direct connect but then it will freeze on you in 1 to 2 minutes and not return

I just really hope that my base has not decayed by the time all this is fixed.
I don’t think I’ll play this game again if everything is gone when (or if) I get my character back. It’s been six or seven days now since I was last on…

Devs, please do something soon. Please.