Update the game with new features

In my opinion the ps4 version needs to be updated. One of your biggest competitors is Ark. and a lot of people want to cross over from ark but they are obsessed with arks ability to have a global text box. Also we need more rideable pets. Also the ability to capture other players not npc. And place them in cells. Bolas and some sort of handcuff. Cater more to the role player community and promote this new change I guarantee more larger player base first week of these updates. Promote the role play aspect in trailers 100% increase in number of players.

Can all be achieved on PC via mods on private servers.

So I suggest to buy the game for PC and play it there.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s one large flaw with that suggestion. They canā€™t seem to add anything new without breaking way more stuff and making the game practically unplayable. Soā€¦ as much as I would love unique and new features, I feel like they donā€™t know how to implement them properly.

The game is far more complex than you may realize. Adding a feature may appear on the surface to be a simple task. In reality, it is not due to the complexity of the underlying code and the GUI.

4 Likes

Exactly why ironing out the bigger issues should take precedence over new additions. Console is still extremely broken and needs to be addressed over adding new items into the bazaar and the like. Itā€™s hard to enjoy the gameā€™s new features when the base elements donā€™t work appropriately.

1 Like

Iā€™m just wondering why you posted the same thing in two separate threads :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hard pass. This game isnā€™t just for roleyplayers, itā€™s for a diverse playerbase. Implementing this feature in the base game would open the door for harassment and griefing.

This kind of feature is best left for mods.

4 Likes

wait is PS4 running some kind of ā€œconan classic?ā€ whats the ps4 era of conan? could be cool to get.

I really donā€™t think thatā€™s a good idea. Who would want to play a game where other players could imprison you against your will? Not to mention that if someone did that to me Iā€™d just remove bracelet and be out of there instantly.

Firecrow, if itā€™s intended to work like Ark then itā€™s even worse because they thought of that - you flat out cannot do anything, even kill yourself in the ark implementation; rendering the system a dev sanctioned way to grief players by soft locking them indefinitely. Easily the worst idea in history.

Didnā€™t they just release an update called sorcery?

1 Like

No thanks. Go RP your bondage fantasies on an RP server.

1 Like

And then what?

No no :smiley: it stops there! Youā€™re in a cage!.. :thinking: You can still play Owerwatch I guessā€¦

Iā€™m just gonna quote my reply form the other identical thread OP made (wonder why they didnā€™t continue that one)

1 Like

And then you leave the server and create a new character somewhere else?

Although the idea of capturing other players may seem like a cool idea at first glance, the people suggesting it seem to be the kind of players who always imagine themselves in the role of the capturer, not the captive.

To these players I want to suggest thinking how long they would like to ā€œrole-playā€ sitting in a cage with foul language as their only option to interact with the game world.

2 Likes

hmmm not a bad idea , but if it was up to me i would just allow player to reset their character , without losing clan / item ā€¦ and or Have a mix of setting on server so people can play how they like ā€¦ oh i do not know ā€¦ call it Private server ā€¦ wait im wrong on that must be official server. :smiley:

1 Like

Personally I think it would be fun. Iā€™d open up an Uber service and drag peeps to their destinations. Barnesā€™ Bonk ā€˜nā€™ Ride: ā€œYouā€™ll get there but itā€™ll be a drag.ā€

If your hands are bound you canā€™t remove your bracelet to kill yourself. You might be able to poison yourself by eating bad things.

HOWEVER, you should be presented with two mini-games: Regain Consciousness and Break Bonds. When you successfully regain consciousness, your captor must re-bonk you on the ground while you squirm through the next mini-game. When you successfully break bonds, you can turn the tables on your dragger.

2 Likes

I prefer Conan Exiles to be Conan Exiles
Thereā€™s a reason I donā€™t play Ark

4 Likes

I would say yes to capturing with significant risk of the caged prisoner ability to start a thrall revolution and by running through tasks while in the cageā€¦regardless if the capturing clan in on line or not. This triggers a purge on their bases and a loss of all thralls if the prisoner player is successful.

Sure go for it. Capture awayā€¦and risk loosing it all.

I guess Iā€™d just hunger strike then. Wouldnā€™t take more than an hour at most.

Gotta say, when I woke up this morning I did not expect my day to include ā€œpondering how to suicide under various conditions in a video gameā€ :joy:

1 Like