Various Lotus not growing in planter

Game mode: [Singleplayer]
Problem: [ Bug | Performance | Misc]
Region: [U.S.A]

[Yellow lotus wouldn’t grow in planter.As I played the game further I discovered crimson and purple lotus and none of the lotuses I found so far would grow in my planter.It even depicts yellow lotus as an example of how to use planter.You put seeds,compost in planter and nothing happens.]

Steps on how to reproduce issue:
1.put lotus seeds in planter with compost
2.seeds and compost set there and do nothing

Lotus needs “potent compost”.
https://conanexiles.gamepedia.com/Conan_Exiles_Wiki

to grow lotus flowers u need potent compost… not just compost

https://conanexiles.gamepedia.com/Potent_Compost

so, get ur potent compost to grow ur lotus flowers! the yellow lotus is not at the same category.
its equivalent is found in the volcano under the name golden lotus!

so craft some potent compost and grow some flowers m8! have fun!

I play conan exiles casually ,if yellow isn’t in the same category why isn’t it growing?There’s a lot I don’t know about conan exiles yet.I have no clue how to make potent compost.I have some potent compost,but some of the stuff I have I only have because of Halloween event last year.Thanks for the advice I am not really in the ‘know’ ,I’ll try the link.

It also needs potent compost to grow, but its not at same category because its flowers do not turn to dust inside the grinder… Lotus flowers (except yellow lotus), can be grinded, and their dust that is produced, can either be eaten (not all dusts though), to obtain stats (crimson dust after the drunkness gives +3strenght for example), or r used to craft potions that provide buffs on attributes (lets say the numbing potion that gives +3 encumbrance), the yellow lotus can be found almost ANYWHERE on map near water mostly, while the lotus on certain locations (crimson at mounds, black lotus at witch queen palace, golden at volcano),which makes em a more “special” kind of plants… Hope this answered ur question about why yellow lotus is not considered at same category as the rest lotus flowers .

Thanks I have tons to learn about this game.

Well, that is part of this games beauty… :wink:

Well how do you get raw ash?

Mining obsidian nodes at the volcano is the easiest source, once you’re able to comfortably survive inside the volcano that is.

Incidentally, and tangentially to this topic, the Crimson Lotus does not - for whatever reason - have a decorative option, unlike all the other plants.

U can also avoid volcano… U can also harvest obsidian nodes at the path of the righteous… it is on the right side of the Black keep, and it is one of the ways leading to volcano, but temperature there rises gradually, so u can harvest it at almost any level… u will find enough obsidian nodes, on the path ,so happy harvest… but most nodes r located inside the biome as @mikey said

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.