Game mode: Online official #1735
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Weather effects can be seen indoors even when shelter level is full. Rain is the worst offender, soaking everything even when inside in insulated areas, but wind is also observed to ignore shelter.
Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
- Build a multi-level house with proper roofing in Northlands.
- Wait for it to rain. (It won’t be long.)
- Observe rain intruding on all levels, regardless of shelter level.
- Build a multi-level house with proper roofing in Oasis.
- Wait for a sandstorm. (It really won’t be long.)
- Observe sandstorm vfx intruding on player vision (wind fx, glare fx, sand haze) even when fully indoors.
It is understood that it is impossible to volume-mark areas as “indoor” or “outdoor” to prevent weather effects in a game where players can construct housing literally anywhere, BUT there should be a way to make it properly decide if a section is indoors still. For example, the Shelter mechanic already exists - perhaps the weather effects can be scaled based on the shelter percentage (e.g. 100% shelter, 0% weather effects, 50% shelter, 50% effects, etc.)
This would prevent indoor sections from looking like rain-splattered courtyards, as well as prevent sandstorms from visually intruding into fully protected areas.