Weather settings won't stay, revert to default

Game mode: [ Single-player)]
Type of issue: [Enter one of the following:Hard Freeze]
Server type: [ PvP ]
Region: [Unknown, on Steam]

[Describe the bug here]
If I set the Weather Severity to 0 and get no rain, my game does not freeze. When I set it to 0 after the last update it no longer keeps the setting, it reverts back to 50, the rain starts and my game freezes. This is a hard freeze, I am unable to ctrl+alt+del or even alt+tab out of it, I have to kill it from the PC button. I am aware of the amd/realtek bug when alt tabbing but this is more than that. It is when it rains. When I was able to keep the 0 setting and eliminate the rain totally, the game runs fine. I get from one half hour to one hour play time before the hard freeze.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. I set the weather severity to 0 and save in the admin panel
  2. When I return to the admin panel the setting is back on 50
  3. When the rain starts, and I’m moving, I freeze
  4. I try ctrl+alt+del+ and alt+tab but to no avail, the game remains frozen. While I’m doing this the sound stutters really bad! I have to kill the game by using the PC switch.

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
AMD Ryzen 67 °C
Threadripper 14nm Technology
RAM
32.0GB Unknown @ 1066MHz (15-15-15-35)
Motherboard
Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC (MS-7B09) (SP3r2) 41 °C
Graphics
ROG PG278Q (2560x1440@120Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X (EVGA) 32 °C
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X (EVGA) 32 °C
ForceWare version: 398.36
SLI Disabled
Storage
953GB Samsung SSD 850 PRO 1TB (SATA (SSD)) 38 °C
953GB Samsung SSD 850 PRO 1TB (SATA (SSD)) 31 °C
3726GB Seagate ST4000DM000-1F2168 (SATA ) 31 °C
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Computer type: Desktop

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.