Weird Float-Glitch

Game mode: Online Private
Type of issue: Bug? Glitch?
Server type: PvE
Region: East Coast

I’ve begun experiencing this very strange glitch when walking over foundations. It doesn’t seem to matter what foundation it is. He just kind-of glitch-floats over the foundations flailing his arms and legs. It also causes him to glitch partially into walls(but he can’t go through them).

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Have a foundation placed
  2. Walk over it
  3. Sudden Glitch!
  4. Moving off the effected area helps, but if you walk over the area it happens again.

Relogging sometimes fixes the issue, but it comes back.

Here’s a bit of an image to show how it looks, now that I can upload images!

as soon as your base becomes big enough this bug appears ( and it doesn’t have to be huge to be “big enough” ), the best way to get rid of it is just to go out of rendering distance and when you go back all will be normal , this doesn’t fix the issue but as it isn’t so disruptive after all ( you can still hover around your base use elevators or stairs , even if it feels like you are going to fall or sometimes going through a ceilling ) the best is to go outside of rendering distance and come back it’s not a bug fix but i got used to it .

We had something similar on-line private, but suspect Kanza is spot on. Ours was on a bridge that, after a purge, had an invisible bump you had to cross, sorta throwing you into the air, but not big enough to have to climb.

When I showed it to the server owner, he flew under the bridge and found the visible portion of a dead hyena and harvested it. Problem solved, laughs incurred.

Regards

jim

Usually when this happens it is because you haven’t given your client side ample time to load all the blocks of your base. Visually, the server has them loaded and there is a building there but your client hasn’t loaded the physical space it takes up, hence the “floating”. Giving your client a minute or two to load once spawning in should resolve the issue because you won’t try to move across something that doesn’t exist yet for your client.

Tldr: Wait a minute or two before moving when you spawn in and you will likely not have the glitch.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.