Weird Glitchy movement

Game mode: [Online Private server, Hosted at G-Portal: (Online official | Online private | Single-player)]
Type of issue: [Bug/Performance]
Server type: [PvE]
Region: [EU]

[Describe the bug here]
The NPC’s sometimes seems to be moving in weird Frame skips as if they can’t walk but purely teleport, forcing me to sometimes go God mode, to even stand a chance, as i can’t really fight an enemy not standing where it “should” be standing.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
1.Currently in the Cave next to Deathwhisper Camp and all the Skeletons and Spiders are Teleporting after me rather than walking/running.
2.Not sure how to reproduce something thats a constant.

“Edit” the Boss like skeleton thing is stuck in rocks at the moment because of the buggy movement.

can’t supply a Screenshot since i’m a “new user”

I too have this happen often, it’s like the NPCs themselves are lagging. They’ll be running towards you and next you know they’re behind you, bending you over.

As a new user I had problems posting screenshots because of my trust level. It’s there to keep us from dealing with spam and/or malicious software.

If you need to get something on the screen, post it like this …
steamcommunity(dot)com/id/xxxxxxxxx
Eliminate the https:// and substitute (dot) for .

Someone like me will come along and replace the missing or substituted text and the link will show.

Alternately, you could ask Ignasis or Hugo to elevate your privileges, but this time of year and over the weekend that may take a few days.

Willing to edit for free !

Regards

jim

I don’t think that screenshots would show lot in this situation anyway.

Also you mention privat server, g-portal.
So, do you use mods on your server ? If so, did you try to see if there is a change without ?

When npc seems teleport to you, it’s often a matter of lag on a server. I was lately in same spot you described, and hadn’t to fight same situation as descirbed in your post.
Again, this may depends from one server to the other. But make sure, it’s not a mod causing any issue at first.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.