Weird NPC armor colors in Exiled Lands

Game mode: Single-player - Exiled Lands
Type of issue: Misc
Server type: N/A
Region: N/A

Ever since around 2.1.1 I’ve noticed an odd issue with NPCs in my single player game. I haven’t been able to find any discussion of it anywhere, so I figured I would share. I’m not sure if I would call it a bug exactly, but it can be quite distracting.

What’s happening is that one of the colors on their armor is… different. When this occurs, each NPC has the same odd color in their chest and head armor. There are no other color issues in the game world anywhere, so it doesn’t appear to be a graphics issue on my end.

Sometimes the color has been rather natural looking, and it’s actually nice to see some variation. Other times it’s decidedly less so. In the past week I’ve seen pale blue, dark red, lime green, and most recently, hot pink.

Is this a bug? Is it a new feature that I overlooked in the patch notes? Has anyone else noticed this?
I got screenshots of the hot pink armor today, but I can’t upload them because my account is new. They can be seen in this gallery: https://app.photobucket.com/u/jenathan76/a/34388929-ab03-4239-b28f-93f2507d4dfd

I will add that craft thralls also have a panel on the side of their apron that does the same thing, and it remains colored after they are broken. I now have a lime green armorer in my base.

Anyone know what is going on here?

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Load into the game
  2. Go to an NPC camp
  3. Look at their armor
  4. Just look at it!
2 Likes

I don’t think this is a bug. I’ve seen it happen too many times to count since 2.1.1. I think they’re working on adding variety to the NPC armor colors. Only it still needs work. For instance, when one NPC in Sepermeru has a different color… all the rest of the NPC’s have that color too. I would think the goal is to get varied NPC armor colors. I’m just guessing though.

1 Like

They wear purple on the Isle of Siptah as well, and I don’t like it. Purple was a royal color in the old world, not for slave rags.

Hey @DeMonet

Welcome to our community and thanks for the detailed feedback. It’s been relayed to our team so they can look into it.

3 Likes

I’m just glad to hear that I’m not the only one seeing it.

That it could be intentional was my first thought as well. The first time I saw it, it was in New Asagarth, and the fur was lime green, which matched the color of the city’s icon on the map. Further experience seems to indicate that it’s not linked to the specific faction though, since A: the color changes from session to session(and is often just normal), and when there is a non-standard color, it’s the same one on every NPC.

I agree that it’s actually kind of cool, especially when it’s a less extreme color. Variety is a good thing, as long as it doesn’t go to far.

1 Like

I kinda noticed the same with darfari cannibals, their pants are almost all black / dark grey-ish in my game (instead of being this red-ish / orange or brown leather color). The relic hunters sometimes also have a pink “undershirt” instead of a white one.

I mean, I kinda like more variety when it comes to NPCs but in some cases it seems a bit out of pace when there is a single part suddenly colored in some neon color.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed that too with the Darfari skins and also the coarse fabric armor. I wasn’t sure if it was part of the same issue, so I focused on the more obvious colors. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re connected though.

1 Like

Ah yes exactly, the Exiles often wear these plant fiber pants in dark grey aswell!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.