Wet / Glossy effect happens INSIDE roofed structures

Game mode: All.
Type of issue: Bug? Possibly Misc…
Server type: doesn’t matter
Region: Rainy regions

When ever I build anywhere in world that happens to rain, the rain drops themselves do not penetrate buildings with roofs / awnings, but the effect of all surfaces being wet as if the rain were going through, still happens inside.

Of all the updates that have occurred since the game came out, I’d LOVE to see this fixed before Funcom gives up on the game as completely finished, and no longer supported.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Build a structure, with foundations, walls, and a roof in any rainy region. Simple as Pi squared. =^_^=
2 Likes

It’s a very-very old and well-known bug. Devs are aware of this but don’t know what to do with it (it seems so). I play SP so I use a special mod removing wet effects wholly. It looks better for me in such a way.

2 Likes

Hey @spafmagic

Welcome to our community.
As @Ko6ka mentioned, we’re aware of this issue/quirk and our team has been looking at ways to palliate it but it’s a bit more complex than what it looks like. We’re aware it’s one of the most requested visual fixes and once we’ve tackled the most critical issues we might revisit this old issue and give it another go.
Thanks for the feedback and apologies for the inconvenience.

4 Likes

@Ignasi, what if your devs just make another check box in video settings as a stop-gap measure? Everyone should have equal rights, among other things - to turn off wet effects even on consoles.

3 Likes

We’ll relay that suggestion to our team :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply peoples… and that would be an interesting option as Ignasis suggested… would be neat as a band-aid to just universally turn off the wet effects, so not even our characters get “hit” by rain drops let alone any other surface in any mode, single or multi-player.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.