Whose Brilliant Idea Was the Cursed Wall?

Well… I’ve also been a game designer and developer since the mid 90s… and I have no problem with the ghost fence nor do I see it as bad game design. I mean… thatts cool that you feel that way and we are all entitled to our opinion but you can’t justify your opinion as a fact by trying to drop that you are a game designer.

As a game designer of 20 years you should also know that game design is a wide open field and that there are infinite number of combinations and approaches one can take, and that most of the people I’ve met or worked with all have their own ideas of what is good and bad.

I’ve also, as in the business software development field, met just as many really poor designers as I have good ones, so that type of experience doesn’t really give weight to an opinion of good or bad. Its just an opinion you have, which is fair enough, but certainly is only your opinion.

In over a year of playing this since early access this is the first time I’ve seen anyone bash on it.

6 Likes

You see a huge, glowing, menacing-looking green laser/electricity/beam wall or force field and your first instinct is to walk into it?

There’s yer problem!

5 Likes

TLDR: I died in a hardcore survival game so game bad!

5 Likes

I think it’s actually a good design decision. It emphasizes the brutality of the world. You start out nailed to a cross. You’re then left naked in the desert to fend for yourself. Conan himself even tells you it might have been kinder to leave you on the cross.

Could there be signs warning you of the wall? Sure but why would there be? No one cares about you or your well being in these harsh lands. The only lessons here are the hard kind.

What good is all this badness? It makes it feel that much better when you finally succeed. When you have a secure tower filled with thralls of every kind, rich with resources, you know that nobody held your hand in this journey. In fact, nearly everyone and everything was trying to stop you, but you succeeded anyway.

That’s what this game is about.

Well, thx god you are not game designer, product manager or producer for this game…

And as it was said many time before, problem is in you and your inability to pay an attention to game lore.

3 Likes

There are NPC’s that discuss not going near the boundary :slight_smile:

I did the same thing when I first played…I learned my lesson…I haven’t touched it…on purpose…ever again…but that’s a pretty ridiculous rant,trust me you ARE going to die again with all your stuff half, if not all the way across the map and flip ■■■■ cause YOU were the dumb one who didn’t make a bedroll…I still do it lmao and I curse myself cause I didn’t heed the warnings.:wink:

This game is BS. I mean who designs a survival game where if I don’t stay hydrated in a desert I’ll die. Just brilliant funcom.

Also maybe the green wall can be the tier 7 boss in age of Conan?

1 Like

Heheh, despite the warnings I had to try running through it. My only issue is that my corpse was on the outside of the wall so it was difficult to recover. Took another death to get my equipment filled corpse to where I could loot it without having to inch my way into the wall.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.