Why do clans spam landlock for no reason

So I’m on a dead server 3891 on average 0 to 5 people a night A clan hell fish tried to offline raid me and that’s totally fine but when they couldn’t get in they decided to spam hundreds of Foundations and vaults and other random things around my base. So i had to try to block it with more. What i basically had to do was take everything out log the character for now . They basically use the game mechanics to overlap land claim around the edges of my base. One could argue that I could take hundreds and thousands of Foundations and do the same but that just ruins the games for others not just them. Isn’t there something in the new rules about this? I mean come on the game has a hard enough time as is keeping people on ps4. @Hugo

3 Likes

This game has the potential to be an awesome game. But huge lack of presence from the moderator. What happen to you imo is part of the game and should unfortunately stay part of the game. But I can think off a thousand thing they could do better. Tips next time land claim around your base before someone else does.

I understand it has to be infuriating and confusing as to why anyone would go so incredibly “over the top” in building a massive spam mess such as this.
All I can say is their reasoning must be to sabotage the playability of the game for anybody else on that and several other servers on which they do this. It seems to me as if some personal vendetta has been launched against FunCom and anybody who plays on official servers.
It must beg the question: Why remain on that server? But in the moving to another server only to discover the same mess has been repeated again.
You’re not alone in being victimized by it and it makes you feel whether or not the game is even worth playing anymore when nothing seems to be getting done about it.
All I can hope FC does in cases like this is for them to reset the sabotaged servers and give earnest players a chance to enjoy the game. They might be trying to work on a way to prevent this from happening by changing the way some have exploited “family sharing” to get around being banned. But I realize it’s not very comforting at the moment to be assaulted with such visual pollution every time you log in. There is no joy in it.
The only feasibly logical action I can suggest you might try is to consider moving to a privately rented server where the Admin (or Admins) take an active role in preventing this form of toxic game play. Of course, they’re going to have rules that must be considered and adhered to.
There are several which gives you various options to consider.
I wish you luck.

4 Likes

Yea the buildings needs to be limetid, spec on pve ,pve-c.

5 Likes

we shame any players that do taht on our server. works fine so far lol.

1 Like

Disagree. I think there are intendened principles that by removing a cost issue for building / landclaim ownership the creativity will flourish however the issue is large clans majority of servers just spam the land claim on as many “good” spots as possible. The more richer you are in-game the more you can throw down T3 without much thought or process behind it.

imho there should be an anchor block, once placed there is a sphere radius (much like god bubble idea) where the more players you have in a clan the more you can scale that radius out. On one hand it rewards you for clan based dominance but at the same time it limits your map selection. Imposing this also can reduce a lot of exploitive behaviours around meshing etc as well.

There’s really no need for any large clan in a pvp server to have such open canvas of spam beyond “i’m an a**** who wants to spam”

TBH i think you hit on something. The more I weigh up my experiences on Conan the more i feel that at some point a cluster of players have just declared open war on Funcom by destroying any potential fun other players may have. The toxicity of this community on Official servers is way beyond anything I’ve seen in other games. Sure other games may have the same set of junior pscyhopaths but they aren’t left to feed, at some point restorative justice kicks in and these are eventually weeded out. In Conan community its “have at your own”.

I uninstalled it this week to take a break, as tbh the games level of toxcity and lack of responsbility shown by Funcom was just infurating to witness. You honestly feel a combination of anger and disappointment and when you openly challenge the behaviour, you get crap like this: https://pastebin.com/CX06z3zh

Sure being frustrated and angry I could approach the situation differently, but the level of hubris shown by Funcom …uninstall was my response. I personally will never spend another dollar on Funcom products.

Meh… read this - Q. Why do you avoid Private Servers not sure that even is a solution anymore.

2 Likes

To be honest I didnt like what I read in that pastebin… thanks for sharing Dorizzdt. Out of respect I keep my opinion to myself.

I’d have to agree with Ignasis, pineapple belongs on pizza. :pizza:

Welcome to PvP!

You see this as “foundation spam” around your base.

What I see is a large “forward operating base” constructed to raid your base and ultimately wipe you.

How is this any different than what happened in old times when raiding very hard to crack fortresses? Invading armies would almost always setup semi-permanent camps around a defender before attacking. The intention to rob the defenders of getting supplies into the fortress, and to keep the defenders from getting out and escaping. The same applies here.

For example all the vaults. That is so they can bring supplies in and easily use those supplies when they start raiding you. And once they raid you, those vaults will be used to store all your loot. Smart move on their part.

The lines of foundations, they are there to limit your mobility should you choose to engage them around your base. Especially when you are using a horse. Those lines of foundations will make it hard for you to use a horse for a running charge, and to keep you from fleeing on a horse should they get the upper hand on you.

Good luck!

Moderators cost money. If folks want to pay for moderated servers, they can start their own.

3 Likes

thats bs.
There is no cost for the larger clan for doing this tbh. Dead servers means months of throw away inventory. These FOBs you describe would also take armies of slaves to build, soldiers to control slaves etc. if trying to imitate reality as you describe. This is trolling to keep server dead…Period. That is all it is.

3 Likes

No cost? Absolute nonsense.

Even if it were a larger clan, to say they have no cost for constructing a FOB like this is simply NOT true. They have to farm all the materials to construct the FOB. Or they need to farm all the mats needed to make bombs that are used to raid others, to get the building mats, to construct a FOB.

They didn’t simply waive a magic wand to get the mats needed to construct a large FOB like this.

I am not saying this should “imitate” reality. For example with things like you mentioned, a large number of slaves or conscripted soldiers would be needed to construct it. So don’t even go there. You’re saying that, I am not. I am merely saying this is as EFFECTIVE as what old armies used to do. You want to win a long term siege against a fixed target? Then you need to control the territory around it.

Again, absolute rubbish. “Trolling” is just a buzz word in this context. This tactic is EFFECTIVE. You want to control a battlefield. Then you need to control the territory.

But here is the other thing. The original poster, the defender, could have done the EXACT SAME thing the attacker is now doing. The defender could have surrounded his own base with tons of vaults to store equipment and placed foundations or palisades around his own base to limit the mobility of any attacker!!!

The defender evidently did not have the foresight to do this around his own base, and now he is at a disadvantage. Now he wants Funcom to intercede on his behalf by asking if the attackers are now breaking some “rule”.

In fact our clan ALWAYS does this sort of thing around our main bases. We do successive layers of walls. We stack many vaults inside and outside our defensive walls so WE have access to armor and weapons should we get attacked. WE as DEFENDERS control the territory around our bases. Because if we do NOT, an attacker WILL. So what is next? A would be attacker will now come to the forum and whine and cry that we as DEFENDERS are not playing fair? For simply using in game mechanics?

This is an open world PvP SAND BOX game. And I stress the SAND BOX! I have said it numerous times and it is directly applicable to this topic, most people on this game have a VERY limited view of what PvP actually is.

What is going on here is too many people see things like foundations around a base or lots of vaults and they winge that this isn’t “fair” game play and they want Funcom to intercede on their behalf. These people often denigrate EFFECTIVE tactics as somehow immoral and use buzz words like “foundation spam” or “vault span” or “trolling” to justify their weak argument, and their poor tactical in game planning.

1 Like

Yeah, like amassing vaults of mats is hard on dead servers. Get off it. ANYONE who has played this game over 200 hours knows material farming on exiles is not hard. I know. 8 have been in 4-5 man clans and within a week we have 1200 bombs, a full on base, and chests of backups. Now imagine a 10 man clan on a dead server for a month.

And you are trying to justify spamming with real history. You brought it in to discussion. I am just giving the true cost of that history.

3 Likes

pftt… rubbish. We both know the larger the clan is the more resources you have to the point where your stockpiling crap in vaults you don’t even remember you had. When you are at end game with a 5-7+ clan of farmers/pvps mats are so non-issues.

Except you really don’t. To cite your example, the said army would have to ensure they had support / logistics (ie food/water/clothing etc) on a regular basis being depo’d…which would create a point of vulnerability (cost/interceptions etc).

In Conan especially during seasons its “k, i left this spam here, either get a god with lots of AOE or i’ll see you again for 30sec in 360hrs)…keke thx bai.”

Its effectively a troll system.

Except…ethics? not being a jerk? etc etc…you know…human behaviour that isn’t toxic.

Wonder if thats a personality issue you have with said offenders but not really experienced this all that often in Conan tbh. Maybe its a different server culture issue :slight_smile:

This isn’t pvp, this is just pure spam at its finest. PVP means Player vs Player this is pure Player vs Game Mechanics. Even if i farmed up a fortune in DP/Gods and went about removing the spam block by block, within 5mins they could replace it unless we beat them to it. At this point all you’re really playing is multiplayer mine sweeper.

To dress this up as anything but cheesing a game mechanic is purely delusional.

Feel free to not respond either or quote…i’ve said what i needed to say and i’m gonna just walk on past this thread.

The OP’s kinda in the same woods as i’d argue “most” people in the game, this kind of noise in game is why people often just avoid public servers and/or the game. Its just a crap mechanic with little to no other counter measure.

5 Likes

Report, this is breaking the new rules of building limit.

1 Like

Lack of presence and care cost even more money in the long run.
You don’t have to defend them but only acknowledge the issues

2 Likes

So, they give you a free server to play on and your complaint is that it is not free enough?

Don’t like the free servers, pay for your own. A 10 slot server clocks in at $136.37/year which results in less than $1.15/person a month.

1 Like

I do not know of any open-world game that does not attract this kind of stuff, especially when players are of all age groups and global. This is not new. I know it is sometimes not practical or possible for many players, but if it is possible, you can look around at other official servers that have better reputations, or just go to a private, moderated server - or even rent your own, password it, and invite a core group of friends to play on it.

I have found though, that the small minded that do the spam-build and blocking behaviour often don’t have the staying power. They are often adrenaline junkies that thrive on bullying/abusive actions, but then often move on to another server to rinse and repeat. You can defeat this action by trying to hide your stuff and keeping track of when they are online.

You can screenshot and report, but since there are far too many official servers and simply no credible way to police incidents globally. Also, ANY PvP game has players trying to find exploits, have imagined axes to grind with other people and resort to online as it’s ‘safe’. Check though either of the following channels. They are checked and acted on where possible/necessary:

https://www.conanexiles.com/exploithunters/

https://forums.funcom.com/t/conan-exiles-forum-community-guidelines/54375

I would check out the private servers in your global zone and see what you think, otherwise use the above links to report.

1 Like

Unfortunately the economy of how nothing decays while stored, and the ease at body vaulting and realistically even just re farming non weapons, thralls and armors, they can jump server to server, and not lost any ground on any of them. With how economy and ease of base mechanics are, Funcom has actually created a troll players paradise.

2 Likes

I have yet to see one other World game that does not have similar kinds of issues. Trollish behaviour is more an indictment on the players that do it than on the respective game platforms.

The saving grace is that there are mechanisms to report game exploits (via the forum reporting lines) and the opportunity to move to other servers that can satisfy user game play. Quite often many troll players have to stick to server hopping as they are unable to survive moderated PvP private servers.

There are password protected PvP servers that have been around for years and function very well with many clans. These are not over-regulated, but have really challenging inter-clan/player battles that test player skills to the limit. There is so little game challenge to spam build blocks and rely on game exploits. These kinds of players exist in all world games (as said), but often is more an indication of players with limited gaming skills. Quite often these players move across servers as you say, but also from game to game. Pure adrenaline junkie stuff.

Do yourself a favour and try out the moderate private PvP servers. Check server reviews (Conan Discord group) and try to get onto those servers.

1 Like