Yet another call for armor stands

I don’t think armour stands is that heavy for the client or the server t.b.h.

It kind of depends on how things are optimized, colours shouldn’t be a problem (see for example a game like Black Desert Online, 100rds of players with unique customization and armour with physics).

I mean… yes BDO does lose FPS but its not affected by customization and physics that much, but more because off the player effects (which you can disable in the settings).

I didn’t say it doesn’t hit performance, I don’t think it needs to hit a high performance hit in Conan.

Going to have to disagree with you on that one mate. Although I can see the appeal in the idea. For me the idea of having some slave trash standing around wearing my finest clothing is as seedy and unappealing as the idea of having my friends or hobos standing around my home wearing my clothes in real life. Its pretty darn gross. I would much rather have the Armor Display Racks/Dummies myself.

However, I do acknowledge the performance strain they generate, and for the record I would be fine with them counting towards the follower cap.

2 Likes

I was thinking something like what Skyrim did just use thralls/ npc’s only just remove the AI give them a wooden finish skin they can be implemented as mennaquins maybe we could set diff poses with them they could also be implemented with the thrall cap limit. Maybe

I get what you mean. And I’m not saying I wouldn’t like both the armor stands and the cosmetic thralls, but if I had to choose between the two, I would go with cosmetic thralls, because they could be used for so much more than being “human armor stands”.

If you ever have the opportunity to try Conan Exiles on PC, check out the Pippi mod and its Thespians feature. That’s precisely what I want to see in the base game – although with a more user-friendly GUI :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wait, since when do we have weapons displayed on character? Not like that on ps4

Currently weapons displayed on our character are being tested on the Testlive servers so hopefully next large update.:grin:

2 Likes

I’m now imagining hiring street people to stand in my bedroom wearing my suits… very gross

1 Like

It’s all fun and games until they bug out and come to life, leaving you traumatized and too scared to ever go back home

4 Likes

@Jimbo ,It is true , The biggest the base , the greatest the details , the thousands looted mats in chests , the greatest delay for my console to respond so I can see my house when I return home . So yes , even I don’t have a lot of followers the damage is great , but how can you play the game if you don’t have enough (or a bit more :rofl::rofl::rofl:) of everything ? It is not our fault that we need to gain 50 legendary weapons before you get what we where searching for , it is not our fault that we needed to spend 200 fragments until we gain 29 recipes (now they are more ) . So what we should do , throw them away ? Especially on pve you keep them to gift them :woman_shrugging:t3: . They should at least let us dismantle them for something shiny :wink: .

1 Like

That’s even more reason to have them😂
If a non clan member starts to steal from them they can activate the AI and become a creepy defensive mannequin

Haunted Mannequins :ghost:

Following up on your information about the ‘Thespians’ on Pippi, I jumped on Youtube and had a watch. While I can see the appeal to this for many member, they just feel a bit like discoloured mime artists to me, or worse; the creepy manequinns which come to life in Skyrim as @Jimbo spoke of. No I prefer my armor stands to be a more base, rudimentary thing. Neither of us is wrong here, it is just a matter of individual preference. And I prefer a more stone or metal stand like the already implemented NPC ones below, but to each man his own preference. :smiley: :+1:

Or even like these…

images.jpeg-37

2 Likes

Maybe if there was a “display version” of armor that was made in the artisan bench, unlocked by learning the armor, we could have something that didnt tax the client while at the same time giving that look. Then it doesnt need equip slots and it would serve the same visual look. Its just an item like the picture that cant be interacted with.

2 Likes

honestly we just need save state of static mesh that doesnt tax the system. Its in the coding but its only native expose for UE4.26 i believe … i read some things but Ue5 is capable of doing it better.

Just a thought … a personal opinion , nothing more .
2+years before I even visit this forum , before i even understand the game , I could see the possibilities this game had . By playing it I saw some mistakes too , for example sandstorm should not harm you under water , it makes no sense :woman_shrugging:t3: . Yet we speak about possibilities not mistakes , they are huge . I believe that the greatest mind of this game saw only 40% of his creation presented to the audience . Today I don’t think we even reach 60% . Some speak about wrong data base , witch I don’t know what is , I am just a gamer with huge experience in games , I don’t know programming ,AI, etc…
What I can tell is that we are still early access , but I don’t care , actually I love it , because I feel that I am helping them to get to their goal , so I am happy . I am sure , so sure that I feel it in my bones , the soonest this Corona issue will Ballance , the soonest economy will go back on rails again , the soonest we will have a dlc with armor stands . No matter the data base , they will do it .

Yet again , personal opinion , nothing more .

Yes thankyou!! This :point_up_2: is exactly the same thing I suggested in a previous thread. However, I had difficulty conveying it as the ideal terminology eluded me. A wooden/stone/metal (whichever material really) statue or stand which is wearing a matching set of armor. However, it has no inventory and its armor pieces are not changeable. Want to display a different set? Then we build another statue with the desired set of armor. Does everyone know what I am trying to say here, or no? Clear as mud!?

3 Likes

@Croms_Faithful ,I would definitely be happy with this option too , to be honest I would prefer this than actual armor stands . My goal is exhibiting so this would work excellent , nice thought :+1: .

2 Likes

That’s a spot on idea, my only issue would be that it would cause a lot of bloat in an already bloated crafting selection. I would still love for it to be added regardless.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.