2.8 Feature Request - Thrall Wheel Indicators

Any chance we can get hints on the wheel so we can see what thralls are set to? It could be anything - even text strings somewhere listing out the current settings. Or is this already a thing?

So for example, the player sets a fighter thrall to 10m Chase, 10m Attack, Priority Mele, and Attack All. OK?

Now an enemy comes by 4 days later but your fighter doesn’t aggro. :frowning: So he must need a farther distance for the “Attack Distance”. The player wants to bump the range up one notch.

But the player setup the thralls AI 4 days ago and has 79 other fighter thralls. What were the thralls settings so the player would know if “one bump up” was to 15m or 30m? And was the thrall set to Attack All, or did the player forget to set that, and that’s why the thrall didn’t aggro? See the problem? So, some way, any way, to see what the thrall’s settings currently are while operating the Setting’s Wheel.

The graphic I included is showing three different ways of achieving this - all within the current wheel UI convention.

• The top row uses a little circle on the icon to show what has been edited and what the selection was,
  • The second (middle) row indicates the same but by less transparency in the arc segment,
  • The bottom row uses the color of the icon’s ring (to black in this case) as an indicator.

further:

• In the first (left) column I can tell that the thrall has been set to “Prioritize Ranged Attacks”,
  • In the center column I can see that the range has been set to “10 meters”,
  • In the right most column I can tell by looking that this thrall’s AI has been edited and may not be the default settings.

Thank you for your consideration, and thanks for such a great product!

8 Likes

Amazing idea. I like the second option. I hope the developers see this.

2 Likes

Hi @TeleTesselator and thank you for sharing these suggestions with us.

We’ve passed this information over to the rest of the team.

4 Likes

There is a mod for this, so it should be possible. Forget which one. if the info is stored, they just need a way to outline it to the stats screen if nothing else
Follow distance
Attack Dist
Chase Dist
Priority
Stance

1 Like

Yeah, @Teng linked an image of it in the other thread. LOL, he didn’t know the name of it either. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s either ‘Thralls level to 100’ or ‘Better Thralls’

2 Likes

I asked for thrall AI settings lists while the patch that added them was in Testlive. Let’s go, FC, get’er done!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.