3.0 update download and lack of space issue

How big will the 3.0 update be? The game is about 100GB and my laptop has about 250gb. This game will get bigger with each update … to the point where I can’t play the game because I run out of space. Or does the 3.0 update just write over certain code?

Just for curiosity what is your laptops gpu or integrated graphic? Im willing to install the game on my wifes laptop but it has only integrated graphics.

Nobody knows. Not even Funcom can give you an exact answer until they’re done.

Most likely. I don’t think anyone wants them to start removing content from the game.

I don’t think the code is the major thing to worry about. What takes up most of the space are the assets, and it would be a rather poor major version update if it didn’t bring a bunch of new assets.

Plus, there’s also the process of downloading and patching, which always requires additional space on the side. So even if the installed game ends up taking (for example) 150 GB, you’ll need more free space than that to download and apply the patch.

1 Like

I’m expecting it to be roughly the same size as the current installation (+/- 25GB).

Yes it very likely will.

Possibly! Every game has minimum or suggested hardware specifications and drive space in one of those specifications. You may indeed need to upgrade your laptop’s drive or add an external drive.

So I guess it will download about a 100GB compressed file, then decompress it over the top of the current installation, and finally delete the compressed DL’ed file(s) during cleanup and after/if the installation was successful. That’s the typical way…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.