40% Growth Rate Bug

Game mode: [Online private]
Type of issue: [Bug]
Server type: [PvP]
Region: [America]

I believe this has probably been brought forward already but I did not see a topic about it on a quick cursory search. The forums have been vocal about the 40% Growth Rate bug on the TestLive server. Well, guess what. The bug made its way to live. I have verified on my privately hosted server as well as duplicated it on multiple solo game starts that once you get a 100% growth rate in a particular stat you lock out all other followers from having higher than a 40% in that particular stat.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Place a Follower
  2. Get ‘lucky’ and get a 100% stat, yay!
  3. But way, place any other follower and get only 40% in that stat, boo!
  4. Sacrifice the lame ducks to the Rot Branch that lives on the island next to your castle.
4 Likes

I can confirm, just did it on Live, official servers this morning:

Got a 100% Survival stat on Enika of Cimmeria (big woop):

Deirde Deathbringer (placed ~10 mins later due to some RL stuff) is now locked into 40% in Survival:

(I am intentionally using low-end T4 thralls until this is resolved)

2 Likes

I did notice that after I reset my server (well, recovered from a crash due to an unforeseen problem with a mod) that the bug cleared itself. I was able to place a couple of Followers before one got a 100% stat and then the bug came back.

3 Likes

Hey @Tempestorm

We’re aware of this issue and it’s been fixed internally. It will come out with the next hotfix, to be released as soon as possible alongside other critical fixes.
Thanks for the feedback and apologies for the frustration.

7 Likes

I am glad to hear this has been fixed. However, if it has been fixed then a hotfix should be pushed immediately. This bug breaks a huge piece of the game for people. I have currently warned my server to not place followed because of it.

Also, I did not last night that if I reset my server it resets the bug. I was able to place a couple of followers without bugged growth rates until I got a 100% in a stat, and then all subsequent followers were locked at 40% in that Stat.

Maybe I should consider myself lucky, I have placed roughly 20 thralls to see what I would get and not a single one got 100% on a stat :grin:
Can anybody confirm if they get the stat reset again after a 100% when an official server has had its daily reset?
And most importantly can it affect others on the server or only the one placing a thrall getting 100% in a stat?

So just a little question @Ignasia, as soon as possible means what, today, tomorrow, next Wednesday?

I think that is what @Ignasi meant when he said “It will come out with the next hotfix, to be released AS SOON AS POSSIBLE alongside other critical fixes.” They can’t just release one particular hot fix part at a time is not very efficient, and for consoles, each one would need to go thru certs.

1 Like

We have no estimate at the moment other than as soon as possible. We’re doing all that is in our hand to make this hotfix hit early next week but this could be affected by factors out of our control.
Apologies for the inconvenience.

Ok, it is fixed internally but won’t be released for at least a week? That simply isn’t acceptable. This is a major part of the update and it is broken.

The correct course if action would have been to hold off on the release of the DLC patch as this was a well known issue.

That ship has sailed obviously. The only correct course at this time is to patch in the fix for followers. Efficiency, as someone mentioned, be dammed. If you have a fix for this issue we are owed that fix. Immidately.

I would have rather you said you were still working on a fix. To say it is fixed but won’t release for a week is ridiculous.

Would also be good to increase for sometime the named spawn rate in ur servers, to compensate for all the thralls placed and being wasted by the bug…

So lie to us???

No, the point I was attempting to make was that I would rather they had actually still been working on a fix as opposed to having one and refusing to patch it

I may not have been clear.

the other bug that is occuring with followers is that there levels are resetting to 0 upon restarts, acting as if a NEW follower has been placed, with MUCH lower stats than they were when originally placed. Example: T4P Thrall Beast -Tamer Ulfarn placed down at 11K health, and had high stats in strength and vitality. got him to level 15, and server reset, logged in, his health is 6K, with lower stats in those catagories as well as others. Claims level 0, but info tab shows the gold circles around the level 15 perk claim… This is occuring in Official servers, so its NOT a mod conflict issue. Only way we can fix it is to back up to the previous backup and lose all progress since.

TESTLIVE testing NEEDS to be done for more than 1 week previous to release to live!!!
TESTLIVE server NEEDS incentive to attract more players to test. Stats showed very low participation ( see firespark81 video about this subject)…

We are not “refusing to patch”. Cooking a fix into a build and releasing it is not as simple as just pressing a button and having it ready and available in a couple of minutes, at least not in the current engine we’re using.
Since the process takes hours, and there are other critical issues that have been addressed in that span of time (along with certification considerations as this and other issues are not exclusive to this platform), we opt for having a bigger patch to maximize our time and resources.
Since this feedback has been collected and addressed, and the thread is once again derailing, we’ll proceed to close this topic. For any general discussions about the game, please use the corresponding subforum.
Thanks.

1 Like