A Look Back and the Way Forward

Dear Mr. Jens :slight_smile:

I respectfully ask that whenever you add functions that require new keys to be pressed… please, for the love of Crom, make them configurable on the UI for PC users! Please! :pray:

Signed: PC user tired of editing Input.inis :smile:

2 Likes

Our whole community of players is really stoked on this update. Thank you!

Can we hear about improvements to server code? Understood that everything is a work in progress, but we’d very much like to see servers run faster, and it would be fantastic if the software could make bigger use of more cores.

Otherwise, can’t wait to get that DLC!!

Thanks!

This ‘Looks’ Amazing. Offhand combos will help immensely for a combat perspective, and the archer taking on a sorcery role sounds pretty golden as well. Taming pets should really spice things up and give us more to collect. 500 bug fixes would be great, and glad to see the DLC’s are just cosmetic.

Please, if you add in more character customization options, let those be part of the updates and not DLC. We have been asking for more hair, body and face options since early access released, and all we got was a muscle tone slider that finally works. I’ll remain a bit cynical, but I hope you can pull off the grand improvements you are teasing us with. :smile:

3 Likes

Will ps4 be receiving mod support in the future or will that not be a thing?

Great step guys. Glad you didn’t pull a Sean Murray.

Question - is there any plans to hire more coders for updates/fixes or are there going to be any personnel changes to work on other products?

Please fix Crane Kick animation when walking on placed tiles. Please. For the love of Christ.

Other than that thank you for your work. It goes without saying that the Thralls at Funcom are coding up storms of fixes. Noticable differences guys. Cheers.

You really don’t have to wait nothing, just play and you will get what you aim for, the game is not that hard for newcomers, not for a difficult gameplay perspective at least, the only thing that is trully hard, its to understand how crafting works as the crafting panel is confusing and do not shows clearly how to craft x thing, for exemple hardened steel, but people forget to look into “info” on the itens, there you find hints and explanation how you can craft things that is not tied to recipes.

If you wanna level fast, just do the Journal steps, not difficult at all.

You do realise that the Firebowl Cauldron its unlocked at lvl 15 right? You can hit that level pretty fast, after that, you just have to get 50 iron ingots which can be stolen very easy killing some npcs, then you can craft aloe potions.

You start with 200hp, you can get that filled with insects and meat in the noob area, not that difficult, your opinion is based on whats better for your gamestyle, the majority of the community is complaining about other things, but not hp regeneration on foods or whatever. You want to soften a game that is already not hard even for low levels. The main problem is in the endgame, lack of challenge on dungeons, bosses, rare/ high tier materials and such, early game is fine.

1 Like

that should be all that is on your road map at the moment, you guys released a piece of crap that should still be in beta testing.

Oooooh, this is exciting news!

When you implement the “Power Shot” for bows (and I know I’m being a wanker), please see to it that you can’t hold the bow indefinitely. Or at least have it drain stamina rapidly after a few seconds. Anyone that’s handled an authentic (non-compound) bow will tell you how taxing it is.

Cheers.

1 Like

Kind of like the bow in kingdom come deliverance then? It’s stamina will start to drain and if you run out the arrow while fire

You do realise there are iron nodes at the oasis so you don’t have to leave? There’s also about 6-7 loot boxes in the relic city that have iron bars all ready for you to take.

It’s hardly a wall with oil you need to climb without a ladder. More like a lift but sometimes the buttons don’t work

Will “The Imperial East Pack” also add Khitan NPC and thralls?

1 Like

Thanks for all the hard work.
Loving the game and having lots of fun in the exiled lands despite all the bugs, that are now being addressed.

One thing though.

I see no mention of sorcery in your post.
Is it now off the table?
Or is it in the way, way forward?

I wanna know about sorcery as well my whole group was really excited at the idea of getting to throw magic around rather than using swords. Some of us even pre built mage towers.

Nothing about console text chat on the list! Chat before pets please.

1 Like

I’m not too familiar with Conan lore, but are explosive and healing arrows really things that fit into the lore?
It doesn’t seem like they should exist in this world, but I guess I don’t really know.

1 Like

There’s a huge amount of iron at a black hand camp to the east, before you get to the swamp.
You can get many hundreds of iron within a few minutes even with a stone pick there.

Screenshot

That’s the only good place for iron along that river that I can think of. The NPCs there are really easy to take down at low levels too, there’s only like 4-5 and you can aggro just 1 at a time.

3 Likes

Item Usage Animation – Slightly more controversial, but certainly needed, we are adding animations to usage of certain items in the game. Bandages and potions, for example, will force an animation to be played before providing their effect. This is to solve several potion spamming problems in combat – and is also a much requested feature from our RP community.

Please don’t base hugely impactful combat change decisions on the requests of roleplayers. Add some special RP foods/potions for them.

I have to agree with the others. The game is already a bit too much on the easy side, and the the problem you’re trying to address regarding healing and food consumption is nonexistent and utter poop. To clarify, aloe potions can be crafted very early on (10 aloe per potion) and heals for 33% (100% more with the perk, which affects all healing) and you can easily run and grab the aloe soup recipe from the very start. Maybe you should research a bit about food, then use your new profound knowledge to acquire better food than, for the love of Yog, insects! PS: low level players should farm iron directly south under the Tower of Bats and stop being a whimp. Even high level players sit on rocks and eat snacks. Get over it!

1 Like

Its a brilliant idea. The PvP combat right now is a joke when people pack stacks of food and potions, while running in circles when in need of healing. Who in their right mind wants that?