A Look Back and the Way Forward

There are many lovely locations along with some very deadly ones. So be careful in the swamp. But it is a lovely place to live mostly undisturbed. I like the far east side of the map buccaneer bay it has wonderful spots for homes.

Too many nice places to build. So many possibilities and ideas for buildings. I have to run from one corner of the map to the other if some raid or purge occur. Getting busy. I seriously don’t want to hit the mounts topic hear, but it would be useful at this point. :sweat_smile: Even with map rooms…

2 Likes

Yeah i know the feeling my group got many map rooms set up for each obilisk so we can port around the map with our gear.

That does look lovely. One of the swords shown already looks similar to the sword on the far right there, so maybe?

Perhaps war-fan daggers that close for the stab animations and open for the slashes?

What is the point of the cosmetic gear if it’s not at Silent Legion or Kingslayer tier? Like the whole star metal/ epic tier needs to be brought into line with Kingslayer and Silent Legion or the other way around. Otherwise too much gets invalidated. Star metal is more annoying to get than the materials for Kingslayer weapons and Silent Legion.

3 Likes

Yeah it really is. Why wear anything but silent legion gear? I mean the protection is nuts its at the bare minimum 200 higher than the other heavy armors.

1 Like

I believe any flawless epic heavy armor set is comparable to silent legion with a +9 bonus on a stat. Silent legion spreads that out so it should be more about build. The problem is that some armors can be epic but lack the thrall, it seems, to make them flawless ( like hyperborean armor). When those get cleaned up it should be good. Silent legion is not really the only game in town anymore. People just treat it that way because it was since the frozen north came out and haven’t explored flawless epic armors yet.

1 Like

True but at this time it still is the most easily accessible armor. As most of the thralls for example are overly hard to find to are no where at all as they have yet to be implemented. That makes it the easiest strongest gear available to everyone as all you have to do is run grab it from the stones.

1 Like

Yes. This is true. The Kinscourge is a boss who “protects” the recipe so in theory it should be harder to get. Epic armor only requires you to take a feat and flawless requires a thrall some of which are easy to find if you aren’t looking for a specific one… but in practice, the black keep and the Kinscourge fight are not too difficult. So it is as you say. People use silent legion not necessarily because it is the best end tier, but the easiest.

Silent Legion has more armor than any Flawless Epic Heavy set. And one problem is that some of those sets are not obtainable because Funcom didn’t bother putting in the thralls for them. (And some thralls that ‘should’ have these recipes simply do not, like the T4 Hyborean Armorer.)

I prefer Vanir Heavy but I can’t get the flawless set without cheating, so I’m relegated to Exceptional Heavy Vanir… It’s the same for Hyperborean and I think Cimmerian. Maybe even others, I haven’t checked.

So for many of us, Silent Legion ‘is’ the best because Funcom didn’t bother finishing their game. And yeah, it is the easiest as well.

4 Likes

Silent legion only has 4% more dmg mitigation than vanir epic, why the whining?

Personally i am not whining about legion. I am making a point that currently there is no point in wearing anything but heavy armor as the perks of both medium and light are practically non existent. Why should we bother with anything but things like legion? There are things in game that need overhauls in the current state such as the light and medium armors to make them more valid. It needs to be more like a rock paper scissors but right now it like rock paper rocket launcher :skull:

4 Likes

In any kind of thrall hunting or pvp, it’s heavy all the way right now. For bosses i prefer medium though, so that I can roll dodge away from attacks.

1 Like

No point other than Roleplay you mean… My current character is a disgraced Stygian priestess frame by her rivals; Fearing her growing influence and unwavering ambitions. She eschews heavy armor as a more Roguish/temptress sort, and favours Stygian weapons or curved blades/daggers. (I completely ignore heavy armors, and when worn its only certain pieces. I prefer the finer clothes like the Lemurian dress or zamorian thief armor) I purposefully hinder myself. for the sake of elegance that befits her station and the image she wishes to portray.

My choice in Recipes are based mainly around Race and playstyle. (when I’m not a mage/sorcerer I’m usually a sneaky type). my buildings are built in the same fashion and with materials befitting the area… aka I build more Arabian/Egyptian style buildings as a stygian. and build with sandstone or reinforced stone if I’m in the southern areas… if I wear heavy armor its only the chest piece or bracers.

1 Like

How about because that’s just trash game design to have one armor set be the end-all-be-all armor set of the game?

Thats the point we are making Rachet that armor is currently the only thing worth bothering yourself over. No other armor has the sheer protection it allows for. Plus the only way to currently go toe to toe with someone wearing it is to have it on as well. The other gear in game is just garbage compared to it. Its something that desprately needs fixing.

I agree, it’s realy not that difficult.
You have to get used a bit to the game, that’s. It’s similar to many survival-games, after all people have to survive, not to chill all the time !

Silent Legion armor protect against heat, and you will freeze to dead in the frozen north in it if you stay to long, or like many when logging-out. It’s also heavy, so i will not farm in my Silent Legion armor nor.

I love also fight with my daggers, this mostly in light armor, but you need be able to move bit more than in a heavy armor, indeed.
There are people mostly wearing it one mal unlocked it, others will not, because they prefer maybe lighter ones.

I would wish maybe for some highter gear from the volcano, after all it’s mostly at the end we climb the volcano. :wink: So yes, i hoped that obsidian was bit stronger than the weapons i get in the dark keep, and maybe any armor going with.

But that’s.

Zamorian thief armor has cold protection, but itnis weaker than ymirs aegis. which is light aror with a rating if about 400 i think., and has cold protection.

Hmm Nice, Good Job.