A Look Back and the Way Forward

I don’t think the armor effecting DoT’s is an intended function tbh. It seems to be up there with arrows overwriting the bows weapon enhancements

Heavy armor in general is somehow broken. Not enough advantages on using light or medium armor to compensate damage mitigation on heavy epic gear. Adding to that the end game gear is a heavy armor =p . Why would someone try to negate a hit with a roll if he can guarantee to recieve only 1/10 of that damage. Special in laggy official servers? Rest knowing that Im talking about PVE only. Dont think stamina/mobility/weight bonuses are enough to balance that. Seems such issues are on epic gear only as i happly used medium and light until hitting 60.

So, if I buy the DLC, can others, who not have bought it, see me in the new gear, too? If i get killed , can somebody, who has not bought the DLC, steal my stuff and use it?

1 Like

Yes, they can see the new stuff but can’t craft if dont buy the dlc.

Now, if players who do not have the dlc kills said player who carry dlc gear, its a pretty good question, I think it should be stolen, you would never be able to repair it tho.

1 Like

I see no reason why not. If one person in a clan of 10 has the DLC, then that person should be able to craft all the armor and building blocks and give them out to other players to help work on a build. If not, then, well…

it’ll probably work like the atlantean sword and royal armor works currently

1 Like

Healing explosive n poison arrows will be ptw no if in paid dlc

Hopefully archery update comes with a dmg increase. Thays what’s needed more than anything, seriously when higher tier bows are only rated at 18 dmg while daggers of the same grade are like 41… Thats a HUGE disparency. I know the type of arrows you use makes up for this a little bit, but it still doesn’t bring bows anywhere close to melee, in effect this aline makes archery largely ineffective.

Movement with a bow out seems decreased, that should be enough to balance ranged combat. Damage just needs to be more, and we should have a higher degree of control.

2 Likes

Sigh. No modability? More like lacking in those you know how to. As I have posted before, I have been modding consoles since the original Xbox. It is possible just tedious. There is a few dedicated groups for it. Considering that the console commands and admin panel are still functional on the Xbox One (offline play) and the fact that there is a generous amount of reserve space… I would have to guess that they are “inviting” modders to try their hand at porting something over or have plans to make mods available legitimately at some later date. 256MB wont get you far but its enough to tweak a few things ( not genuinely smart to flaunt Console mods on MMOs anyways even on offline play)

Still if they allow mods to be a thing more people will buy their own servers to have the mods they want placed in them. That could make quite a huge bit of profit seeing as the modding dispute seems to get larger and larger with each game that pc can mod that ps4 or xbox can’t

Great plans ahead Jens and the team keep up the good work.

After 3000 hours im still enjoying this game a lot. The DLC will multiply the fun aspect further.

Regards,

Goldius

3 Likes

So if these DLC is cosmetic which armor is this a variant of? The teir 1 armor you get at level 10? Meaning that all of these grant the same bonuses to stats and eviormental control?

1 Like

That’s more Sony’s fault than anything. They are absolutely rеtаrded in their policies when it comes to mods and eventually its going to hurt their bottom line.
They’re really shooting themselves in the foot on this issue but… Hey whatever

1 Like

Indeed they really are.

Thanks for sharing this! We’re really excited to see these new implementations and how the world evolves from them. This game has been one of our favorites thus far and can’t wait for even more of this exciting world!

Out of curiosity will this map be expanded further will more expansions like the frozen north or will there be other maps? (My personal hope is that the exiled lands will grow further. As i hated leveling even though the exp was very fast from exploration is was so very tedious. But what i hear now is that the exp exploration was heavily nerfed making leveling a much larger pain.

Hoping for something like the Jang Ssang Gum at the top of this image.

AOC Weapon Concepts

In one of the dev streams they said, that the upper right part of the map (north of swamp) is meant to be something “after launch”. So yes, we will likely see an other biom.
For the armour tier: you will get LVL 10 versions and LVL 60 epic version of it.

Wonderful! I lookforward to having more to explore the swamp is currently my favorite biome.

It looks great and still to my shame haven’t explored much of it. :rofl: