A Look Back and the Way Forward

I somehow doubt console users equal 3/4 of the player base, but I am curious and would like to see the number of sales by platform.

They sold half a million copies in the first month of EA. That was all PC users, yeah? They just went over 1 million a month ago. Console users are nowhere near 3/4 of the player base.

2 Likes

I believe, just that tho , believe. The 1 million were actual sales. Not ea. But ur right i’d like to see the numbers bro

It was total, including EA. I’m not sure what that number is now though.
Selling a million copies in a day would be a world record in the gaming industry I think.

“Final Fantasy XV shipped 5 million units on its first day.”

I guess not.

Consoles tend to outsell mp games simply due to the lack of them, i’d be astonished if pc has more sales than consoles.

Which makes 1 mill feasible as release sales

1 mil was sold before official launch. Lots of articles online about it.
But anyway, I just mentioned my opinion because I think consoles are pointless. But that’s a discussion for another place. Hello emulators.

2 Likes

Yes but included pre orders on consoles, and xbone had ea too. No point arguing over until numbers can be shown. Lets say ur right.
Half of players are pc rest split between consoles.
Do u believe the game would be updating, creating dlc etc with half the money they received?

Yeah. If you look online you’ll see that Conan Exiles development cost before EA was $4.5 million.
The EA sale price was $30. They sold half a million in one month to PC users. That’s $15 mil and they kept selling to PC users for over a year, so the figure is quite a bit higher.

I have no evidence but I’m pretty sure CE was in development prior to EA at least as long as it spent in EA, if not longer. So I doubt the development cost even doubled since then. I could be wrong though. It happens all too frequently.

But as a business they’d of cut n run, half those ppl probably stopped playing, 250,000 ppl to sell dlc to? U wouldn’t bother. I’m just trying to show that consoles are hugely important to a games survival. Especially an online game

1 Like

Sure you would. Development costs of DLC is cheaper than building a game from scratch as the infrastructure is already in place. There would be quite a bit of profit even if only a fraction of the player base remained. Interesting DLC also causes players to return.

1 Like

Simply put ex, n have utmost respect for u,if u cut consumers by half u have to cut content, or employees in half too just to keep shareholders or producer happy. U can’t have it all

Come to think of it now that i have really stopped to look at these arrows. These can be a very good thing. Currently the best thing in game is to wear heavy armor (Silent legion.) and wield Telith’s sorrow or a dragon bone two hander. These arrows will rival this meta because they can apply dots from range and the people wearing heavy armor will waste stam trying to keep away while someone in light or medium can spend stam closing in rather than running from poison gas or something else.

Maybe. Don’t forget all DoTs are affected by damage reduction from armor. I don’t PvP but I have noticed in PvE that this renders ‘all’ DoT effects pretty much harmless. Not to mention they can all be removed instantly using antidotes, even bleed. Let poison stack to 10 and then pop an antidote while closing in on your opponent. Repeat if necessary.

Armor makes poison so weak that you could bandage through 10 stacks of poison and fully heal up.
At least I could when I tested with snake arrows. (My dancer follower was bugging out and kept firing arrows even though no enemies were around, so I stood in front of her for a while to see if it actually hurt.)

If memory serves Bleed now does a % of your health per stack. Honestly armor value should have no hold over things such a bleed or poison as armor can’t really stop lethal poison in your blood or an artery that has been nicked by a dagger…

It didn’t last I checked. But that was one patch ago I think. Or if it did, it was still affected by armor.

I agree completely.

It should be mentioned that things that belong to you deal heavily reduced damage.

Depends on your settings. My friendly fire multiplier was set to 1.0.
I think it’s 0.2 by default.

Ah alright well then that explains that. Oh it should be mentioned that the corruption arrow isn’t really a dot but will make heavily armored foes much weaker.

Yeah, but hopefully they change all that so DoTs and environmental damage are not mitigated by armor.

1 Like

Thats my hope as well.