A Novel Titled: “*HA!... Got eeeeem!*”

This is the statement I am referring too, his original statement. And the one that was seen and passed around through most of the community.

When I and everyone else read that, we were mad for a while, as our clans had worked for months to get where we were.

Then we saw the second statement.

Not hounding you about an official statement, not sure why you mentioned that for the second time. It was clearly announced in your first reply.

We were told twice maybe more that rollbacks were not an option or planned over the span of four days. The quote you posted was three days ago. Two days later, we are being told the wipes were an accident and that they will be rolled back as well, as “planned.”

I don’t see how you cannot agree that that is miscommunication. Who really cares about an announcement after the fact? We needed an announcement right when it was planned. It takes 45-60 seconds to tweet it, or maybe a couple of minutes to make a forum post. Even 34 seconds just to reply to one. If he would have just said a roll back was an OPTION, I’m pretty sure 90% of us wouldn’t have went in to overdrive to rebuild. Making new friends and alliances on the way. It’s like telling your child to tough it out when being bullied, and then later when he’s confronted the bully and gained a whole new reputation and made new friends, saying actually, “You know what? I know I said tough it out and you showed him and everyone else you weren’t scared of him and you made new friends… However, we are going to move to the other side of the country because you are being bullied.

Only to be bullied again at the new school (ie: Giant coming back to servers that have been rolled back and relooting everything, again.)

Sorry couldn’t help myself there :rofl:

Put yourself in our shoes! Imagine months even years of loot you have worked for falling from the sky while you are in PvP spec because you have been defending your base all raid time, landing in the ground just to be de spawned because you cannot possibly pick it all up. Imagine being offline, I mean it wasn’t even raid time! Then imagine being told that rollbacks are not an option, or are not planned. You get over it. You find joy in rebuilding.

The DAY that the servers rolls back with a huge update, the DAY we are told the problem has been fixed, the giant comes back. And does it again. You get to watch all your stuff despawn now for a second time.

I have never ever ever stayed up till 9am doing anything. At a party, at a club, watching Netflix, nothing!!! But the fuel was my passion to rebuild, and to show new players this was an awesome game. This was last night/this morning!

If a quick announcement was made even just late last night, or early yesterday, this would t have affected so many people.

A select few were affected by the giant. ALL of your paying customers were affected by today’s events and not miscommunication, but non communication.

I’m a little offended and hurt by your reply. Hopefully Ignasis has a reason he couldn’t tell us this was planned, possible, or an option.

Had to write from a friend’s account as I forgot my password and can not retrieve it at the moment.

Still in love with Conan,
Conan Chick

2 Likes