A thorough suggestion on how to make the slower movement restrictions work without frustrating PvP and PvE players

Hey CodeMage! thanks for replying, and thanks for helping me clarify. I have added this clarification to the post. But yes to add to it, yes the sheathing animation would only apply to weapons, so you would be able to freely switch between other weapons. but if you had a weapon out and wanted to switch to a Tool then the animation effect would apply.

also yes your alternatives are exactly what I had in mind. the Devs would want to endeavor in making the transition to be the least bit jarring as possible.

Also this change makes it so if you do not want to fight, you can run past players. granted, if you are on a PvP server and you run into a group of 10 players who are looking for a fight. That is probably less a balance issue and more of either a video setting issue, or a lack of awareness issue. xD

And for the 1v10 thing. This is just something players need to understand that it should never have been possible to begin with. the only reason most veteran players can even do this was because they were abusing the system that newer players did not know even existed in the first place. But I assure all Vet players that once the tools to reward player skill are implemented (more mechanics, or more strategic and in depth weapon animation design) that the players will still be able to fight multiple enemies.

Also, the other reason I ignore that complaint is because its pure egotistical thinking, and not logical, on account that in reality you can’t fight an out numbered battle of equally skilled players.

2 Likes