A thought on nerfing, and why it is good for the game in general

, ,

If we found a way to make the torch do 80 dmg in the hands of a thrall then I call exploit. This is a weapon, to be wielded by anyone and has an equipment slot…

I’ve loosely called it a stamina system myself, albeit “nascent.” To me it looks like a (no offense) quick and dirty way of enforcing a ruleset for our generally-OP companions.

2 Likes

Balance and nerf are in the eye of the beholder…
Here is the urban dictionary definition…

The term “nerfing” comes from the online gaming world of Ultima Online.

At one point in the game, the developers reduced the power of swords in melee combat.

This resulted in players complaining that it was like they were hitting each other with nerf-bats, not swords.

From then on, if ever something gets made less worth while than it had been originally, it is considered 'nerfed’

1 Like

That is the point of my post. That if nothing changes, then the game will die, as most gamers i know like new challenges, new mechanics, new adventures. That is why i quit Super Mario Bros. I beat it a bajillion times. On occasion, i will fire it up on an emulator, but then realize the memories are far better than the current experience. Now their are some modders that changed things up, added Mega Man and Samus as playable characters, new powers, new boss patterns, etc. That changed the way i could play it. i played that version for a couple of weeks straight because of the new fun.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.